aaa Insert Wave File and Time Offset - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Insert Wave File and Time Offset

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             12-Aug-01  @  05:54 PM   -   Insert Wave File and Time Offset

AK

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 8, and have run into some problems.

First of all, when I try to "Insert Wave File", I sometimes get a "Unable to import wave file. The audio disk may be full" error message. It only happens to a few of my files, not all of them, but I don't see why I can't import these particular files. They are not corrupted, just standard 16 bit, 44,1 kHz stereo wavs. Does anyone have a clue why Cakewalk doesn't accept some of these files?

Secondly, when I change the time offset (Time+ parameter), Cakewalk starts to skip notes on that track. It wil play 4-5 notes, skip one or two, play 4-5 etc. Does anyone know why and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             12-Aug-01  @  09:34 PM   -   RE: Insert Wave File and Time Offset

sitar

Link?:  Link

Couple of suggestions for the first question. Try running scandisk. I was told that sometimes Microsoft sees a folder as being full when it's not. Scandisk will reset it so to speak. Also, run msconfig in start/run and turn of everything in your startup menu unless you absolutely need it. Sonar tech support told me to do that and I haven't gotten a disk full message since. The stuff in your startup menu runs in the backround and can interfere with things, especially anti virus programs. Hope that helps. The second question I don't know.

Message 3/5             13-Aug-01  @  12:05 AM     Edit: 13-Aug-01  |  03:05 PM   -   RE: Insert Wave File and Time Offset

AK

Link?:  No link

Thanks for your tips, Sitar! However, the wav files were created during the same session, and stored in the same folder, so it seemed very strange that some would load and not others.

So I double checked the files that generated the error message, and think I have located what's causing the problems. It seems like Cakewalk will refuse to load any file whose filename contains special characters, like the Swedish letters å, ä and ö. When I replaced those characters, it worked like a charm! ;-) Clearly a bug.

Message 4/5             15-Aug-01  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Insert Wave File and Time Offset

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'm of Norwegian descent. Stay away from those darn Swedes  

Message 5/5             15-Aug-01  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Insert Wave File and Time Offset

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

Yup, I'm from Finland and I've also noticed that cakewalk doesn't like that much of letters ä,ö,and å.

Scandinavia kicks ass!
Beutiful chicks in everywhere.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)