aaa MIDI sync on multiple outputs - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: MIDI sync on multiple outputs

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             04-Feb-01  @  07:01 AM   -   MIDI sync on multiple outputs

weyland

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why is it that in this day and age both Cakewalk and Cubase are unable to send MIDI sync to more than one output? Who the hell only wants to synchronize ONE of their modules; especially when doing dance/techno music? I need synchronized arpeggiators, synchronized delays, synchronized LFO's on multiple modules....is it impossible with Cakewalk?

Does anyone know of any workarounds besides daisy-chaining? I am using Cakewalk 9 with a Midiman 8x8 interface.

Looks like I may be forced to switch to Logic.

---Wey.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             05-Feb-01  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: MIDI sync on multiple outputs

sitar

Link?:  Link

Not sure 'cause I don't work that way. I was under the impression that you need to set all of your equipment to slave to external clock and set Cake as the master clock in either global or project options. I'm not in front of it now so unfortunately I can't try it. And btw I also have Logic. It is pretty amazing but has its own demons. I'm waiting for Sonar from Cakewalk, scheduled for release next month.

Message 3/5             05-Feb-01  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: MIDI sync on multiple outputs

weyland

Yes that is correct. You set Cakewalk as the master and all devices to be slave...however Cakewalk will only send that master sync signal to 1 output which you select on the same project options page! That's the problem. To me, this seems like a serious issue and I am astonished that more people don't mention it.

Message 4/5             06-Feb-01  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: MIDI sync on multiple outputs

99devils

I never have this problem: I use a MOTU
MicroExpress. The MOTU interfaces have
a "global clock" that Cakewalk drives,
and the global clock drives the rest of
the outs.

Sorry, I know this doesn't really help  

-Craig

Message 5/5             08-Jul-01  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: MIDI sync on multiple outputs

electropoet

if u use hubi's you sync whatever you want! try it, you'll see

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)