aaa Audiowerk 2 Problems - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Audiowerk 2 Problems

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             27-Jun-01  @  08:42 AM   -   Audiowerk 2 Problems

toomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey!

I jave just bought a new PC with a Audiowerk 2 Souncard and with a Matsonic VIA Apollo Kt133 mainboard.
The mainboard have built in soundcard but i have disabled it. Im running Windows Millennium.
My problem is that when i play any sounds from any music program or anyother windows sounds
there is no sound coming. I have connected my mixer to ANALOG IN's of Audiowerk 2 and to my amplifier
from ANALOG OUT's. But there is no sound coming to my computer when i play on my synths.
Does Audiowerk 2 not support Win ME? Where can i download the latest drivers? Is it not compatible
with my mainboard?

Please help me
Toka

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-Jun-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Audiowerk 2 Problems

k

Link?: Link

did you apply the via 4 driver patch?... should be on a cd that comes with the pc or d/load it. um... ME is a bastard... so mebbe dump it NOW, before your pc gets in deep use win98/SE - um... as for no windows or other programme sounds playing... you have setup the drivers right for the AW?... but again ME can make hardware prob's, but is the AW listed in control-panel/multimedia and is one of it's drivers selected as the deault windows sound prefered device?..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             30-Jun-01  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: Audiowerk 2 Problems

toomas

Hey!
1. Does anyone know if Audiowerk 2 works good with cubase 5?

2. Why are mainboards with VIA chips so bad for music? Many warn for those boards that the soundcards are not compatible. How can you see that if you buy a card?

3. Is there any drivers that fix the problems between soundcards and VIA chip?

regards

toomas

Message 4/5             06-Jul-01  @  09:56 PM   -   RE: Audiowerk 2 Problems

toomas

I mailed Emagic support and they recommended me to get ASUS A7V133 mainboard. They have tested it and it works without any problems with Audiowerk 2. So im gonna change mainboard now.

/Toomas

Message 5/5             06-Jul-01  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Audiowerk 2 Problems

xoxos

Link?: Link

i'm like really impressed that you managed to get info out of emagic. hope you're not making that one up.. thanks much. i am saving.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)