aaa Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             01-Jul-01  @  11:03 AM   -   Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

shpongledboy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello... I bought a new puter with Marian Marc 4 Midi soundcard and I have problems with it. I have about 6 days to fix the problems... if I cant I have to return the card.  

There is no MIDI IN option in Cubase when you right click in output column. I tried tree differen version of Cubase(3.7 and few 5).

When I tried to open Gigasampler and Cubase there came this error message that I cant open two progs at the same time because some device was already in use buy other program. I have the latest drivers for Marc 4 Midi from the Marian web site.

Should I see MIDI IN in Start/Settings/Control Panel/Multimedia -> MIDI tab?
There is only MIDI OUT 1 and 2.

What to do?

Thanks.  

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             01-Jul-01  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

k

Link?: Link

nope only the out ports show there mate. the error message petains to the audio drivers not midi you cant have two programmes using the same audio driver unless the card allows it. you vst IN ports are shown in start/vst/setup MMe

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             01-Jul-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

shpongledboy

Ok... but do you know if I can use Gigasampler + Cubase at the same time with Marc 4 Midi?

And yes.. I can see that the Marc's MIDI INs and OUTs are in MME setup like those should but I can't see Marc's MIDI INs in Cubase when I right click Out column in some of the midi channels... only Marc's MIDI OUTs.  

I think that these troubles might be because there is a soundcard in motherboard (Asus A7M266). I have disabled that before I installed Marc 4 Midi but still... 8o

Message 4/5             02-Jul-01  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

k

Link?: Link

um... well if you click the OUT column for a midi track in VST you aint gonna see the In's on the marc are you   - as for wether the audio drivers of the marc allow giga AND vst to use it, i dunno... few cards do that.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             03-Jul-01  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Big prob with Marc4Midi. K can u...

shpongledboy

Yes now I know... I was a little bit confused because I couldn't use my midi keyboard with Cubase.

Anyway... I returned the card because I couldn't use it in a way I like... I would have needed to buy a mixer... and Cubase + Gigasampler didn't work. The Dealer told that they had same problems as I had with Cuba+Giga... but Cake+Giga worked fine.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)