aaa SYNCING IT ALL UP - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SYNCING IT ALL UP

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             07-Jun-01  @  09:24 PM   -   SYNCING IT ALL UP

goatrance303

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

ok here's what i'm trying to do... I've got the Midi to Audio delay setting in Audio Sysem around 7500 so that when i'm monitoring my XT in cubase it's synced up with my audio files. however when i record with this setting, the recording is always about 7500 to the left of where it should be. i remember cubase asking me if i wanted to compensate for the audio latency when i record and i said yes at the time.

sooooo, is there a way to setup it up so i can monitor the synth in sync with the audio and everything else, and have it record it the way that it hears it and not scoot it to the left because it thinks it has to fix it for me? also, will this effect my vst instruments which dont have to have their midi delayed? i'm guessing i shouldnt use the Midi to Audio Delay setting in Audio System (it's global i assume) and just use individual midi delays in the arrange window for the channels that are going out ot hardware and leave the vsti's how they are.

i just need to know...

1. the right way to delay the midi to the channels going out to hardware so they're monitoring the way they'll sound recorded.

2. what the best Synchronization settings for the audio/midi are (ASIO or ASIO MMC? etc.)

3. how do i get it to ask me if it wants to compensate for recording again? (or something that will solve that)

4. anything else that might be helpful

feel free so icq/aim me if you want, i'm usually there.

Carl
goatrance303@hotmail.com
icq# 2585420
aim- bokononVCF

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             08-Jun-01  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: SYNCING IT ALL UP

k

jesus!.. what audio device/midi device are U using in the pc mate?... those issues dissapeared like 2 years ago almost... all the current asio cards dont have this problem at all... so whats the card?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             08-Jun-01  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: SYNCING IT ALL UP

goatrance303

i'm using an sblive with the apslive drivers. can get it pretty stable at 15-20ms latency. I just want to know how to get it to ask me if it wants to compensate for recording latency again. there's gotta be a way to have it record it how it hears it and not auto slide it back to compensate.

also what's the best way yo set the syncronization settings? asio2 or asio2mmc?

sblive (in a busmaster slot)
1 gig tbird (266 fsb)
KT7a-raid mobo
512 megs crucial pc133
seperate drives for os and audio

Message 4/5             08-Jun-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: SYNCING IT ALL UP

k

fuck knows... have you tried this SBLive APS driver sites.. sblive aint really my bag mate.. search the DER LINKS here for 'SB' - you'll see two links to the two mirror SBLive/APS DRIVERS sites which has all the info. audio-midi delay is just a box in the audio system panel, if all else faisl there is a long procedure for lining it up, but that shouldn't need to be done... if you have no luck i'll try and dig that procedure out for you.... do you use Soundfonts or something?.. why the SBLive?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             09-Jun-01  @  09:04 AM   -   RE: SYNCING IT ALL UP

Jasper

Link?:  No link

I'm using a live card at the moment, and to be honest mate the best thing you can do is upgrade to something that has real asio2 drivers for it.

There is there is the midiman audiophile for about 160 which has a midi port also and I aint heard of a dissapointed user yet.

I've been struggling with syncing cubase to my equipment now for 5 months with NO success with any settings.

From what you say it sounds like your feeding the XT back into cubase? this would probably explain the very high latency your having to use, the live just aint built for this sort of thing.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)