aaa MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             18-Mar-01  @  06:39 PM   -   MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

digitalbound

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Here is the link to sweetwater - they are running a promotion to hype it right now. It is an incredible piece of gear without the need for dedicated PCI card. Just a firewire connection. This is a definite advantage for MOTU and Mac users in general - especially if you use a powerbook.

http://www.sweetwater.com/promotions/828/home.tpl

Good deal too. $749 bucks.

rob.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             18-Mar-01  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

music

Here are the specs:

FireWire-based (1394) hard disk recording at a breakthrough price: $795.

Message 3/5             18-Mar-01  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

music

Let's try that again....

FireWire-based (1394) hard disk recording at a breakthrough price: $795. (Note that they have taken 50 bucks off)

Drivers for Mac & PC - for all popular Macintosh and Windows audio software (ASIO/Wave drivers).

100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
24-bit analog converters.

CueMix Plus™ zero-latency hardware patchthru system.

Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for MacOS with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.

Sample-accurate digital transfers between ADAT digital tape decks and the computer via the ADAT sync port.

Eight 24-bit analog outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks

Six 24-bit analog inputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks

Two 24-bit analog inputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4"/XLR combo Neutrik connectors.

Two mic pre-amps with switchable 48-volt phantom power on the front panel.

105dB dynamic range

Front panel volume control over monitor input level on main outs.

Front panel headphone jack with independent volume control.

Front panel signal present LEDs for all analog and digital I/O.

Trim controls for all inputs on front panel.
Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.

8 channels of 24-bit ADAT optical input/output.

Stereo S/PDIF in/out in optical and coax formats - ADAT lightpipe and S/PDIF optical formats share the same jacks and can not be used at the same time. However, you may use ADAT lightpipe in and optical S/PDIF out simultaneously and the S/PDIF coax I/O and lightpipe I/O may be used simultaneously.

Massive! and only one rack mount unit high...

rob.

Message 4/5             19-Mar-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

kid ikarus

if only I was keeping my mac

Message 5/5             20-Mar-01  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: MOTU Firewire Interface Now Avail.

music

That's too bad you are getting rid of your mac.

Mac's are great machines that last a very long time.

I wouldn't use any windows variant for making music....The complexity of maintianing the OS and file systems is just too cumbersome.

With MacOS X coming out you may want to reconsider your move.

rob.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)