aaa New CPU... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: New CPU...

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             20-Mar-01  @  01:23 PM   -   New CPU...

harold

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Problem... my mate gave ma an atari - i don't know much about these things but i've been sequencing on an RMx and i fancied having the option to use cubase sometimes... so anyway, apparently its a decent atari, its got cubase and its got 4meg of memory which i'm told is good...thing is, the day he gave it to me, it broke. just stopped working. which is an arse cos my other mate had just sold me some other atari bits and pieces (like a big old midi thing to give me loadsof midi channels and a hard drive etc etc). so i take it to be mended and the mending dude, after like several months, gets back to me and says i need a new CPU, he can't get them anywhere, i may as well buy another atari.... then i phone another supplier who says he can get them really easily but the cost added to the dosh he'll charge me for fitting it are such that i may as well get another atari anyway... so to cut a long story short (too late), does this sound true/accurate? anybody know of any atari menders in the greater london area (they're suprising difficult to find...) and does anyone know how to fit a CPU???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             20-Mar-01  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: New CPU...

oldskool

Link?: Link

Well, its a long shot but it could be that some of the chips have lifted from their seatings on the main board, this is a common fault on atari's and is dead easy to fix, just hold it about 4 inches from the desk and drop it, seriously this works. Failing that look around car boot sales for another one, I got one for £10! Its always a good idea to have a couple of spares kicking about as they are so cheap.

Message 3/5             27-Mar-01  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: New CPU...

malkytrance

There is an excellent atari repair place in kingston called analogic computers i think but just check 192 for comp repairs in kingston loads of atari gear upgrades mice monitors ect

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 4/5             27-Mar-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: New CPU...

k

yeah i got my 3rd party screen from them and it's great ofering a bigtger screen footprint to fit in an extra 6 tracks in the cubase arrange page - also i got a 3rd party mouse - no more 'Flintone-esque' atari mouse clunking !! :-)

system-solutions in Dulwich/SE London were the boys for everything atari they now are split and the other part of the company does the atari stuff/repairs etc - http://www.atari-workshop.co.uk/

"Atari Workshop is the only Atari UK Authorised Service Centre. We only use quality parts, Atari factory kits and highly skilled technical staff. For a professional repair and upgrade service, please give us a call.
We can arrange collection of your equipment from anywhere in the UK mainland for only £10.00. Please contact us to arrange a convenient day for collection"

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             27-Mar-01  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: New CPU...

k

mind you - they are so cheap you can pick up another for a tenner or 25 quid or more (just machine, no screen s/w etc etc) - try www.loot.com

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)