aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 41/117             24-Aug-00  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

jay7

Link?: Link

as if by magic! thanks whoever sent me that however i didnt get it all, please send again thanx jay

Message 42/117             25-Aug-00  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Tomek S.

I think hoontech still looks like an excellent deal, when you consider what you're getting for that amount of cash.
I'm interested in some comparisons with other interfaces, in terms of stability and performance.
So far looks like a winner for me, though.

Message 43/117             25-Aug-00  @  01:48 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

I got mine yesterday!!!
k - when i opened the package i realised there wasn't psu included.... "fuck" ... till irealised it doesn't necessarily need one. Manual says that it can make rack "more stable"...(?) . Manuals were bit confusing. OK my english isn't exactly perfect but it *is* tha manual... "Also Balance input is antomaticully stop When unbalance aduio input coneing"... had to read that twice. Actually it raised warm smile to my face and hoontech definetly has my sympathy

I hadn't much time to fool around with it... but installing was painless. Tried it with acid where u can choose output for a every track. Not sure if it worked like i thought but i got signal out. External link program seemed very intuitive when u got hang of it which i didn't. Yet. Manual doesn't give very much help... K..... (squeal).... help(!)

Sound was at least same quality (my opinion) as my audiowerk2. That's a compliment with my limited experince. Line out from card (used just for monitoring and windows sounds) did have rather weak signal... maybe there's a reason to that.Getting grip on screws which u use to connect BIG CABLE to rack was difficult... and volume knob for earphone output felt bit "stucky". Minor things...

I hope i can spend more time with it during weekend... even if it is Renaissance and Formula 1 weekend.(D.Coulthard is such a wanker!!! Big mouth but when things get rough he is weeping like me wee sister... Hakkinen is going to wipe the floor with him and walls with Schumacher ;)

Message 44/117             25-Aug-00  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

rouge

tell me... how long was the cable and what do you mean "Not sure if it worked like i thought but i got signal out"... how did you expect it to work? Have you found any other dissapointments?

Message 45/117             25-Aug-00  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

relax man...

Cable was... long. at least 1,5 m - i think. You now screws which u use to tighten up the cable? well the screws were just bit akward totwist with my thick fingers   nothing serious. Like i said i didn't have time to properly get into it... it was quite late and had an early wake this morning. I quickly tried iit out... I didn't get hold of that mixer program and routing. That only indicates only that my unde is lacking something... WIth acid it founded several outs in pop up menu, but something wasn't routed right in External Links 'cos signal went into channels. Please just ignore me: I'll tell you more after weekend or during.

But most important thing was that there wasn't single click or pop when i played mp3's thru it. I mean... i have VIA's fucker chipset which normally would have pissed on any new equipment when it sees one...

Message 46/117             25-Aug-00  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

As u noticed I*DO* have as thick fingers as my head is. "signals went into _wrong_ channels".

And you couldn't know it but External links is application which comes with card. Looks neat and handy ...

Message 47/117             26-Aug-00  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

yes, you'll work it out - any specific questions??.... add them here and i'll try to answer... as i do have acid here to test it out - but sounds like you just didnt get the hang of the s/w app that it works thru for routing - that's just cos the current manual (ha!) is toilet, but new 'proper/full' one is due soon -

dizz - yes i can supply you one in the Uk - mail me - or if in London you can pick it up or bring your pc round and we'll fit it here - if anyone in London wants to see it in action, just mail me and come round and give it a go in the studio.

Message 48/117             26-Aug-00  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Point Being

kilo, if you wouldnt mind whipping up a quick one about using different outs with acid 2.0 pro.. i'd really appreciate it.. i've looked through all the menues i can think of, and sounds are directly routed through to the mains (0r fx)

Message 49/117             27-Aug-00  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

k

i aint got it - but old version you can assign mixer channels to outs - sorry

Message 50/117             27-Aug-00  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

claus

Link?: Link

Hello!

I just want to mention - because it has been discussed before - that the updated manual of the DSP24 has been uploaded to Hoontech's webserver under the URL mentioned above. It has about 2.5 MB and it's in MS Word 2000 format. With the next update in one or two weeks we're going to make a PDF-version as well.

Best regards,

Claus

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)