aaa Orion Vs. Reason - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Orion Vs. Reason

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message                 Date: 06-Dec-00  @  11:44 AM   -   Orion Vs. Reason

kaplan2

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hello All!
This time I wanna talk about the diffrences between Reason And Orion.
I bought Orion three months ago, when it was a baby, and now Orion grew to be a top-notch "all in one" virtual studio.
IMHO Orion is better than Reason.
The Synths are better, and you can produce more intersting themes\lines\basses with them.
After playing four days with Reason I can say that the Sub-Tractor synth is nice, but the wasp in orion is better.
I didn't like the sampler, because it doesn't support *.wav and Akai programs.
The oroin sampler at least supports wav's.
The new {orion 2.0 pro} has so many new features, which give Orion power that is equal to Hardware.
I will be gald if you will Write your Opinions, and talk about these wonderful new programs.
Happy Composing,
Fatal Virus
-----------------
Let's make some noise!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/53             12-Mar-01  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Orion Vs. Reason

mol8292

duh..software and hardware are just tools....it's BS to say that one program is better in producing one genre of music than another..... it's all in your own creativity..

Olaf

Message 52/53             12-Mar-01  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: Orion Vs. Reason

k

reason & novation have joined up for a forthcoming special Reason controller keyboard - i think it has mains 12v usb & battery backup so you can also use it with a lappy - it has speakers i think too - designed as a portable go anywhere speaker 7 controller and master keyboard setup specially for Reason control. !!! - (about 250ukp they reckon when out - not a fixed quote that tho just a ruff estimate)

Message 53/53             26-Mar-01  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Orion Vs. Reason

Stasis

I've tried both extensively, I was planning on using them together by writing and arranging a 'basic' track in Reason, streaming to a wav to use as an audio track in Orion and then adding the advantages of vsti's. But I soon realized there was no point in even using Reason too much, it is very limited, I hate the samplers, the fx suck, the sequencer is a pain to use.....Orion sounds 'phatter', definitely. I dont understand the person who told me the sound quality in reason blows Orion's away. No way.

Pages: 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)