aaa midi interface for a lappy - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: midi interface for a lappy

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             26-Feb-02  @  06:23 AM   -   midi interface for a lappy

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I need a cheap midi USB interface for my
Powerbook G3. One that works really good
(low latency), and is comaptible with Sound
Driver, Logic, Cubase, etc..

any ideas? thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Feb-02  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: midi interface for a lappy

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

low latency? uh...are there different specs?

midiman 4x4 here. never had a single problem with it.

seen em for $100. Id say thats cheap

and dammit can we PLEASE stop calling them lappys? just too fuckin cute for this one

Message 3/6             26-Feb-02  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: midi interface for a lappy

steve

Link?:  No link

heh, latency.

I guess midiman would be the obvious call but some folk have had serious issues with theirs even though influx hasn`t. Really, you`d be better off just deciding on either logic or dp3 and using the respective manufacturers own interface ......Steinbergs one is just a midman 2x2 in a different case, right? Either way, I`d say its best to stay away from steinberg stuff on a mac.

btw, I`m using a tascam us428 thing with my ibook600, works a charm even though I have to run oms and sounds great too. I know thats more than you can spend but sometimes its worth saving up some.

Message 4/6             26-Feb-02  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: midi interface for a lappy

toast

There's a lot of cheap midi keyboards with usb now so if you don't need control a lot of hardware they make sense. I'm using the oxygen 8 myself. As far as interfaces go I'd try to get one from the maker of your sequencer if that's an option. Both steinberg and emagic have models out that aren't too expensive. Supposedly you'll get better timing.

Message 5/6             27-Feb-02  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: midi interface for a lappy

panama

thanks guys.

Message 6/6             27-Feb-02  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: midi interface for a lappy

influx

Link?:  Link

whats funny is..how did this end up in the SOUNDCARD forum?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)