aaa Wierd VST problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Wierd VST problem

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             09-Feb-02  @  12:45 PM   -   Wierd VST problem

TiC

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well this is my problem: I open a track i open a VStinstrument i assign that track to the istrument in question then i try to play it via my midi keyboard and nothing happens. But when i enter the notes directly into cubase the sound comes out perfectly. If i assign the track to a soundfont on my sound card it plays fine from the my midi keyboard

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-Feb-02  @  02:39 PM     Edit: 09-Feb-02  |  02:39 PM   -   RE: Wierd VST problem

k

Link?:  Link

R U getting a midi IN light flashing ok on the transport bar when you play the VSTi ?

sounds like mebbe the soundcard is hi-jacking the routing of the midi IN to it's own engine?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             10-Feb-02  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: Wierd VST problem

TIC

yepp it ligths upp exactly when itīs supposed to
but i cant see any midi activity in the VST )this also has a ligth to show wether it is recinving or not)

Message 4/6             11-Feb-02  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Wierd VST problem

knowa

using OMS on a mac? common problem there. options menu--midi system--enable inputs. check the box that represent your midi keybaord, and any other devices you want to input midi dats with. OMS need to be "woken up" sometimes for a reason that nobody seems to be able to figure out. apparently OSX will clear this up, along with other social problems like poverty, hunger, and latency.

sorry if your on PC and this is nonsense to you.

Message 5/6             12-Feb-02  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: Wierd VST problem

TiC

well solved the problem now but i am not really happy with the solution. I enabled midi thru but is this the case. Does midi thru really have to be on for vst instruments to work propely since this also affects all my other syths and stuff.
Soulutions annybody

Message 6/6             13-Feb-02  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: Wierd VST problem

influx

did you go into MME? are all the..wait..you said that

midi thru shouldnt have anything to do with it. altho it should be on as thats how you control outboard gear THROUGH cubase

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)