aaa Which Soundcard? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Which Soundcard?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             16-Jan-02  @  10:30 AM   -   Which Soundcard?

graham.bergdahl

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi All,

I'm running VST on an AMD 1.5GHz 512Ram etc. etc. machine and am looking for a quality Soundcard under £200 if possible.

A) Is this possible?
B) I have shortlisted the M Audio Audiophile 2496, M Audio Delta 410 and the Creative Audigy EX.

I produce all House genres and want to get something pressed this year aswell as doing some freelance stuff for TV so Broadcast Quality -direct to CD / DAT would be ideal.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated. Hope I can post a few choons on here when complete!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             16-Jan-02  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: Which Soundcard?

bster

I have been looking for a £200 sound card and have settled on a Delta 44 (4in 4out on jacks) the reviews say it has very good sound quality, others i've looked at around £200 are the Echo Mia (balanced inputs)but i was told that they are awkward to fit\setup or something.
the audiophile 2496 is down to £150 and the delta 44 is £195 i think this is a better card to get, the audiophile 2496 ins and outs are on mini jack.
the delta 66 adds s\pidif digital in\out for £275.

hope this helps i'm sure someone will give you more specific advice though.

Message 3/6             16-Jan-02  @  12:33 PM   -   RE: Which Soundcard?

bster

correction..
the audiophile has rca ins and outs and i didnt realise it offers s\pdif as well, the delta 44 doesnt have midiports or digital.

Message 4/6             16-Jan-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: Which Soundcard?

k

Link?:  Link

i'd steer well clear of the mia.....

have you checkout out the hoontech dsp24/96 mk2 ?

balanced XLR connectors on a breakout cable, s/pdif (& midi as far as i know)..... great drivers, and expandable to 8x8 i/o rack as analog, t/dif or adat. Has asio, gigasampler, mme drivers.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             16-Jan-02  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: Which Soundcard?

graham.bergdahl

Cheers for your help people - the search goes on (about to check out the Hoontech!).

Message 6/6             16-Jan-02  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: Which Soundcard?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

if you're doing stuff for tv, just bounce it to a wav file in your computer and then write that to a cd. i don't understand why ppl use external cd recorders. all editing places for tv can take stuff straight off cd. and if you're in a bigger edit suite you can get them to take a wav file as well, which wil be better. and dat is dead as far as i'm concerned. some tv ppl still insist on dat but most will take a cd. btw i'm not talking about full length feature films here. (out of my experience). ask rhyze he knows a bit more about the ins and outs of bigger productions.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)