aaa Recording with Logic - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Recording with Logic

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             05-Dec-01  @  12:21 PM   -   Recording with Logic

Lee

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
i'm having trouble with midi timing when recording in Logic. Every time i attempt to record an arragement, whether it be using the soundcard's internal sound (SW1000XG), or the outputs of a desk the midi timing on the playback becomes completely screwed.

I've tried playing around with all the sync settings and this makes no difference, tho in the simple case of sound being played by the sound card and recorded by the soundcard i wouldn't expect it to.

Anyone else had problems like this, or could make any suggestions?

Cheers,

Lee.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Dec-01  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Recording with Logic

bedwyr

Link?: Link

it's here somewhere but i can't find it.

this will get you started -

write a 4/4 midi kick drum part. use a nice clean kick, no distortion etc. using a sound off your sw or external gear. then record the audio into logic. when you play back both parts together they'll be out of sync. so then change the delay in ms on the track so that they're in time. (can't remember which track, probably the audio one?) (it's in that box, top left hand corner, arrange window) get them as close as possible with no phasing sound. this delay will be the same all the time (i think) and there is a way to set this globally but i can't find it. someone else might sort you later.

hope this helps.

Message 3/6             05-Dec-01  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: Recording with Logic

Lee

cheers, i know what you're talking about, but thats not the problem.

I mean it gets screwed as in random stutterings etc. - also get dialogs saying "failed to synch midi to audio"

Lee.

Message 4/6             05-Dec-01  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Recording with Logic

bedwyr

aha, well, is this a new problem? have you just started using logic? got the latest drivers for your soundcard? have you recently installed a new pci card? check for any irq conflicts/sharing with your soundcard. what os are you using, mobo etc. usb? are you using a midiman usb midi port? directx 7 or 8? i've had this as well and it's usually sortable, does it only happen when you're recording? questions quiestions ...

Message 5/6             05-Dec-01  @  05:43 PM   -   RE: Recording with Logic

xoxos

i have that problem too.. but i have a name for it.. i call it 'amd k6 II 299 mHz w/ 64 k old-time ram that costs about as much as a new mobo so why bother?'

well, saying it helps me :b

read k's articles in the pc section about optimising your pc settings. that helps.

Message 6/6             05-Dec-01  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Recording with Logic

Lee

Thanks - turning on DMA on the disk and changing the memory settings sorted the problem :-)

Lee.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)