aaa ReDrum - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ReDrum

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             26-Sep-01  @  02:19 AM   -   ReDrum

dave_outland

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm just starting to get the hang of how to use external gear now that I've been able to mess with Reason. Anyways, I've just figured out about triggering synths/samplers through the various channels in the redrum. What I want sooo bad is a hardware drum controller to send midi to the redrum. For the hands on thing.
I haven't really seen too much that would offer all the stuff on the redrum (like the mutes and solos, the knobs, the faders) could you maybee hook up a phatboy and another controller with faders to the same object? Is it worth it? What would be the benefit of using a controller with keys like the roland pc-?? be like on the redrum. Any response would be great, thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             26-Sep-01  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: ReDrum

k

Link?: Link

well, the only advantage really would be non-use of mouse to alter the drum mix in realtime, that's about it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             30-Sep-01  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: ReDrum

dave_outland

that's exactly what I'm after, using my mouse a little less,and actually being able to mix with some kind of hardware interface. That way it might be possible to do more than one thing at a time?
On a completely different note, Do any hardware durm machines have the function of copying/pasting your pattern with the alter function like ReDrum allows. I mean, seriously it's a god send function! I find it's so quick, all you have to do is make an good initial loop, bounce it, and hit alter. And if you aren't satisfied, just try again, or even edit the parts your not happy with. It saves so much time! If this is a Reason exclusive function, others must be so jealous of this.
Thanks kilo for replying to all my questions, it seems no one else really usese the Reason forum? Are we the only one's using this superb piece of software?

Message 4/6             30-Sep-01  @  11:07 PM   -   RE: ReDrum

milan

Link?:  Link

i´ve tried reason out on a friend´s machine, and really is a great thing to have inside of your pc. what i dont like about it is the several 100´s of great sounds instantly at your disposal. which automatically means that you´re likely to go for those instead of programing your own. i was really upset when i started geting all these perfectly produced loops, fom a friend who is a complete newbie, before i realised those are all ReDrum kits.

Message 5/6             01-Oct-01  @  03:00 AM   -   RE: ReDrum

dave_outland

yeah I see what you mean, (about the sounds).
But it's like other synths, etc....have their own sounds as well, you can always import any wav too.
I guess it's just how much processing you want to do if you're after unique stuff.
good point though

Message 6/6             01-Oct-01  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: ReDrum

K

yes many drumboxes can copy a pattern to a new pattern location, & yes it is great s/w agreed.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)