aaa Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             25-May-01  @  02:26 PM   -   Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

pali

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone using sonar with either a yamaha Sw1000xg or an RME hammerfall on win2k ??

Well I'm interested to know how they perform as I'm thinking ditching cubase and using sonar? how do the DXi instruments match up to the VSTi? Is the latency of the sw1000xg good enough for live use of the midi sounds?

any info is appreciated.

cheers

pali

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             25-May-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

Brett B

Link?:  Link

do a search as there is a guy using wdm for the dsp factory here and the drivers are so similar. he said he was getting 1.5ms - 12ms

Message 3/6             16-Jun-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

I'm using Sonar and Hammerfall with Win98Se and I have latency 107ms. That's quite a lot but I don't need lower cause I don't use Software synths.

I tried Sonar and Hammerfall in Win2k and I got latencies below 10ms. If I remember correctly the best usable I got was 8.7ms.

Message 4/6             16-Jun-01  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

Brett B

Link?:  Link

on my DSP factory, I am getting 11.7 on Win2k WDM drivers. In win98 on MME it's over 100.

Message 5/6             19-Jun-01  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

Oh yeah. I got that 8.7ms with Win2k and MME drivers.

Message 6/6             19-Jun-01  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Sonar & sw1000xg and RME hammer

pali

Link?:  No link

thanks, it seems RME need to sort out there drivers to maximise sonars potential. but the yamaha drivers performs much better than in cubase/nuendo or logic 28ms is best...

cheers
pali

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)