aaa Echo Mia or Audio DSP24 - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             08-May-01  @  11:41 AM   -   Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

breakerbox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I Have 200$ or little bit more to spend on a soundcard, this is my final 2: Echo Mia orHoontech audio dsp24 mk2...
I will be using it with Reason, So basicly i want a really low latency with good sound quality... I have behringer 1604 mixer, i have a jx3p and ea1.. so i am going to hook the subouts on my mixer to soundcards input, so ican record synths, samples md, etc, and buy good speakers finally! and hook them up to balanced outs on the behringer...
And what monitors do you guys suggest, i know i want them to be powered, and should be suitable for breaks and jungle and under 500$ first or second hand...
Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             09-May-01  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

breakerbox

anyone?

Message 3/6             09-May-01  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

infrasound

Link?: Link

ah well, I haven`t used either card but I do know that everyone seems to rave about the hoontech and whilst I`ve heard good things about the 24 bit event stuff too, I`d still have nagging doubts about the reliabilty of em as some folk suffered bigtime in that respect. Well, superprophet did.

Personally I`d plump for the hoon anyway and if you dont need the spdif thingy the buggers even cheaper - sub 100 squids at thomann so thats like $150 or so, I paid more than that for my bloody sblive when it came out so thats a bit of a bargain there fella.

Dunno about the monitors things really, the genre of music you`re making is irrespective mind.

Message 4/6             10-May-01  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

99devils

Link?: Link

Powered monitors under $500? Yamaha MSP-5s sound pretty good and have amazing bass for little speakers. I demo'd the event PS-series a while back. The PS-8 was nice, but I didn't care for the others, which are the ones in your price range. Alesis M1 and M1 mk IIs. I think that's it.

I have Event 20/20s and I like 'em a lot. They can be had for like $300 a pair, leaving you $200 to find an amp  

-Craig

Message 5/6             12-Jun-01  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

breakerbox

I saw event20/20 bas going for 350$ on ebay...

Message 6/6             14-Jun-01  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Echo Mia or Audio DSP24

influx

hehe. those will work for that specific genre you were askin about 

naw...they seem ok. not top notch mind you but youre not gonna get top notch for $500 or less. just aint gonna happen. suitable, yes

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)