aaa Reversing audio loops - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Reversing audio loops

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             21-Mar-01  @  04:17 PM   -   Reversing audio loops

TuneAble Noise

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have been having a problem with audio files. Maybe I am just missing something or doing it wrong. Example Say I have a crash cymble on an audio track. well I select 1 of the crashes an reverse it in the audio editor and that works fine but the rest of my crashes or hit reverse also on that same track. That also goes for the same if I just want to reverse 1 hit in a drum loop (audio File or REX file) it seems to revese that same part of the loop on the rest of my track. Do I need to copy the track or part I want reversed to another track and do it that way? If so that seems kinda stupid or a waste of an audio track. Please help. Hopefully I was clear on the problem I am having.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             21-Mar-01  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: Reversing audio loops

BassProShop

Link?:  Link

yeah, anything you do to a waveform is destructive. all instances where it's used will be affected. make a duplicate and work on that.

Message 3/6             21-Mar-01  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Reversing audio loops

k

Logic scores there eh!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/6             22-Mar-01  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Reversing audio loops

TuneAble Noise

Thanks for your help it woorks. Though it is kinda stupid that it does that. You should be able just to select what part you want to affect. Waste of an audio channel. thanks for your help. Steinberg should have thought it through a little more.

Message 5/6             23-Mar-01  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: Reversing audio loops

Brett B

Link?:  Link

Just mute out the other tracks and select the range of the loop, and hit export audio. then just drag the exported audio back to the same track. It works great at resampling so you can applly fx. Like a big hall on the snare at a ambiant break or a flange or somthing wierd. Also remember if you have any masterfx on you need to compensate in the range markers and edit the audio to sync back up. Fuck logic. I can do anything in Cubase and cubase has no VST issues. Once I learned the power of the export function , i don't even use wavelab to master anymore. I do it all from the master section of Cubase.

Message 6/6             04-Apr-01  @  08:54 PM   -   RE: Reversing audio loops

robski27

If anyone is interested i have loads of guitar samples available in all styles just give me a shout

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)