aaa midi out sync = pants - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: midi out sync = pants

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Apr-01  @  07:46 PM   -   midi out sync = pants

Jasper

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

this is doing my nut in, whatever I try I can't get cubase to sync properly. With logic I could trigger the lfo on my a3000 and it would start the cycle from 0 everytime, great. cubase sends the midi out but doesn't sync the lfo, it syncs to the tempo ok but if you press stop then play from start the lfo plays from any position, so my lfo linked to filter is bloody useless. I've allready wasted 2 hours on this, and cubase is looking increasingly useless for my style of music. I feel sick.please help before I make my way over to steingcrap and shove their evil code up their asses.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             06-Apr-01  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: midi out sync = pants

Jasper

ok, so does anyone know if you can set cubase to send a midi reset command upon starting? I reckon this must be the culprit because the lfo allways plays from the degree that it was at when I press stop.

Message 3/6             06-Apr-01  @  05:09 PM   -   RE: midi out sync = pants

noah

yeah--sorry I don't have an answer for you, but I'm having the same trouble with the LFO on the metallizer plug-in in VST 5.0. Unless I start playing from measure 1, it freezes up or just generally acts stupid until I bring the cursor back to the beginning of the track.

I bring this up because this suggests that perhaps its not just a midi-reset command you're (we're) looking for, as I don't believe that plug-ins are controlled via midi. Good luck--post again if you figure it out (me too).--Noah

Message 4/6             07-Apr-01  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: midi out sync = pants

k

Link?: Link

EDIT/PREFERENCES/MIDI

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             08-Apr-01  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: midi out sync = pants

Brett B

Link?:  Link

you need to set the resolution and retriger via the a3000's envelop not in cubase

Message 6/6             08-Apr-01  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: midi out sync = pants

Jasper

k - where in midi preferences? buggered if I can find it, settings that look like it don't make any difference.

Brett - resolution? could you explain? thing is logic did it fine and the samplers using the same settings for cubase, I never knew the a3000 lfo actually did freeform until this (I used to moan about it :P ).

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)