aaa K - How's hoontech? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: K - How's hoontech?

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Original Message                 Date: 15-Aug-00  @  02:57 AM   -   K - How's hoontech?

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Well... everything still going well? I think i'll have mine tomorrow...
Few quick comments. It's 250 quid here, which is even cheaper than thomann.de (anyone used thomann?)

thanx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 51/117             27-Aug-00  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

rouge

There appears to be a control on the front panel to control the input gain of the balanced XLR inputs.... what about the unbalanced jack inputs?

Message 52/117             27-Aug-00  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

claus

Link?: Link

Hello!

I just want to mention - because it has been discussed before - that the updated manual of the DSP24 has been uploaded to Hoontech's webserver under the URL mentioned above. It has about 2.5 MB and it's in MS Word 2000 format. With the next update in one or two weeks we're going to make a PDF-version as well.

Best regards,

Claus

Message 53/117             27-Aug-00  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

Point Being

if anyone needs (for whatever reason) i can make a pdf of this version.

Message 54/117             28-Aug-00  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

good morning guys... (what a race yesterday whoa!!! third championship is allmost certain)

k - yep. problem was that i didn't figure out the routing application, but now i did and it's everything is just a breeze... very uncomplicated.
When i opened acid pro there card's differend outputs appeared on drop down list net to every track. So i could just select the output, pan track hard left/right and there it was really. No click, pops, hassle or any fuzz. Nothing more to say about that.. 4 fader for each stereo channel appeared on mixer section plus there was a fade for DSP card's own line out. So actually you can have ten analog cahnnels...
BTW is there another way how u could route the mono channels except to pan them hard to left or right? Not with acid i suppose...

This thing is best buy definetely.

Message 55/117             28-Aug-00  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

claus - Is there new driver updates which I should donload from hoontech site? To be honest website is bit unclear on that matter...

Message 56/117             28-Aug-00  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

claus

Link?: Link

Sorry for the double message above (our Proxy sometimes likes to reload pages ;)

rouge: You can control the gain of the first input channel pair (1+2) up to +40dB and you can enable phantom power as well (for both, the balanced XLR and the unbalanced TRS connectors). Input channels 3 to 8 are fixed at line level.

ville: I bet that most of the initial confusion should be gone with the new manual. One section will be changed / added before we make the final PDF version of it. You should get the latest drivers from the Hoontech webserver if you're using the ASIO 2.0 driver (Cubase VST or Logic Audio 4.5) or if you plan to use GigaSampler / GigaStudio. You can always find the latest driver as listed news on the .com page under 'Service & Support'. There is a discussion forum (Q&A) on that page as well to talk about the cards and their usage.

Message 57/117             28-Aug-00  @  02:24 PM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

rouge

so, is it possible to record guitar directly into the TRS jack inputs?

Message 58/117             29-Aug-00  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

phunkytek

I am really interested in these devices. I use a ds2416 card and am impressed by the fact that i can group any vst channels together and send them to the card for grouping and flawless mixing and dynamics while mixing my samples in on other channels with absolutly no latency on the card, but i'm limited to my samplers fx and the ds2416's fx. K, you said you can actually route external audio to the vst mixer and apply plug-ins and control all of the channels on the cards from the vst mixer. Is that what they are doing with the external link functions on the mixer, and all real time? It sounds to good to be true. That would be like protools. This is exactly what I wanted when the dsp factory was released, but the yamaha was the closest thing to it. Tell me, s is that the case. I went to the web site and they don't get into the application side of it in detail. I want plug-ins on incoming as well as out. I was planning on buying protools next year after i graduate and have real income, but this type of device sounds like the answer, and i could still use my o1v for remote operation. Kilo, tell me if I have this right or not. I'm excited.

Message 59/117             29-Aug-00  @  06:21 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

K or claus:

Rack has leds above every input. how do i get mono leds to light up?
When I activate channels from external mixer only stereo led is on. (I want to sit quietly in my room without any lights and flash all the leds in my gear)

Is there way to treat the channels as mono rather than stereo? Then i wouldn't have to "hard pan" track's every time... (just wondering)

I have some vierd noise coming out of DSP's own linet out... sort of rumble... it reacts to my mouse moves. Funny.... That doesn't matter much tho (for non-hoontech owner's) 'cos rack's outputs are'nt noisy at all.

Message 60/117             29-Aug-00  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: K - How's hoontech?

rouge

that mouse moving problem should go away with a decent graphics card. ATI make reliable cards for audio PC's.

Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

There are 117 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)