aaa Logic Audio Multiple Outs - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             27-Aug-02  @  01:45 PM   -   Logic Audio Multiple Outs

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm using version 4.7 at the moment (logic 5 is on order) and I need to ask a question about assigning multiple ouputs.

Now, I can assign the master outs from 1-8 no problem. However, when I try to route audio instrument 1 to the card output 1, it only gives me an option to assign out as a stereo gang 1 & 2. This is fine for track 1 but what about track 2, etc.

I think I read in a Logic 5 review that the new version lets you assign multiple outs no problem. Am I right in thinking that in 4.7 you can't do this?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             27-Aug-02  @  08:00 PM     Edit: 27-Aug-02  |  09:17 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

Steve Roughley

Are you trying to send a Stereo VSTis outs to a Mono physical out? If so, Logic might not let you do that (I'm not in the studio so I can't check). If this is the case, then the reason you can only send to a stereo gang output is probably because you are using a stereo VSTi. Have you tried with a mono one?

Regards.

Steve.

Message 3/7             28-Aug-02  @  01:15 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

k

the subgroups/buss 1-8 are wired to the pysical outs, use the VSTi pan control to route to either side of any assigned sub/buss stereo pair perhaps? (if that is what you mean)

Message 4/7             28-Aug-02  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

Drop

Thanks guys. K, that's what I've been doing. It seems that on the actual audio instrument fader itself, you can only assign to output 1 AND 2, not just 1.

I think in version 5 you can assign audio instrument faders to individual outputs via the soft synths themselves.

Will have to wait and see.

Message 5/7             28-Aug-02  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

k

well that's cos it's a stereo output instrument - some of the Logic-i's you can assign as mono... anyways use the pan ion the channle to send it to individual outs singularly.

Message 6/7             28-Aug-02  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

Drop

But I had already selected a 'mono' exs24 as audio instrument 1 which would make it a mono track (track 1) to start with. :-)

Message 7/7             29-Aug-02  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Logic Audio Multiple Outs

bedwyr

Link?: Link

no change in 5 there drop. same shit, you'll just have to pan. even a mono exs24 only let syou assign to a stereo pair in the instrument editor, so you'll have to pan the samples/groups there.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)