aaa Fruity Loops continued tones... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Fruity Loops continued tones...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             06-Jan-01  @  02:44 PM   -   Fruity Loops continued tones...

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If anyone ever sees this,

In Fruity Loops, does anyone know why when I am using a sine wave for my bassline, when I change loop channels when sequencing out the song, the tone continues until I push stop? Does that make sense? Like, I have a bass tone on one particular loop, but when I want it to go away after playing it, I have to stop the whole song, not just change loops, which, of course, is no good when I dont want bass, eh?

The decay is completely down, "cut itself" is selected.... Am I missing something?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             10-Jan-01  @  12:29 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

deltasleep

Link?:  Link

hey.....this is just a thought but if you want it to cut hard, you could put one silent(turn the volume all the way down on the graph) at the end of the loop, this will cut the loud sound by a completely silent one, effectively stopping all sound on that track...or it should. also check and make sure that you do not have any 'fade" turned on, that caused problems with me with new fruityloops at first.
hey by the way, i'm in high school in the south, and i've been into electronic music for a few years now, so if you wanna collaborate on something, or just shoot the shit let me know.
david

Message 3/7             10-Jan-01  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

Espoo2

Cool.
I'll try putting that silent note on the end and see if that works... sounds like it would.
Where in the south are ya?
I'm in Austin.

Message 4/7             10-Jan-01  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

Espoo2

nope.
didnt work.
I dont know what in the hell is causing it. There is no sustain, no delay, nothing.
????????

Message 5/7             13-Jan-01  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

deltasleep

man i have no idea at all what would cause such a thing....any chance your computer's not getting ground and your getting the ole 60hz hum? thats the ONLY thing left i can even think now.

i'm in nashville

Message 6/7             30-Jan-02  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

brahman

I was having a similar problem... were you recording in "step-mode"? 2 things to try: (1) reduce the gate time on the channel, see if that helps, or (2) "send to piano roll" and adjust the note length on this page (turning the gate time back up for the channel, if you adjusted it previously ;)) - please let me know if this helps!

Message 7/7             02-Feb-02  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops continued tones...

espoo2

hahaha!
Did you notice that this thread is a year old?
Thanks for the help, its been fixed...
Seems like it was a bug in an older version...
But putting it in the piano roll would usually fix the problem...

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)