aaa Fruity Loops Midi Program Change? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             30-Jan-02  @  09:59 PM   -   Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

brahman

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

so, using Fruity Loops 3.4 - what is the deal with Program Change messages being sent every time the pattern loops? I've got Fruity Loops controlling my Nord Modular keyboard, I set up a channel for "Midi Out", select my program from the interface it presents me, but then everytime the pattern loops, it resets the program on the Nord Modular (frustrating when trying to morph a sound, it keeps resetting it!)

anyways, any ideas out there? thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jan-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

k

Link?:  Link

what? it resets the nord with a different sound from the one which you selected via fruity at the beggining?... or do you manualy select the patch on the Nord then assign the same number on the fruity & hit play or what

I dont know fruity well, but is it always selecting the nord patch one number up from the one you want or something?.. or just random ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             31-Jan-02  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

brahman

no, fruityloops will send the correct (expected) program changes to the Nord Modular, but it seemingly sends them every time the pattern loops - so if during the pattern, say, I've opened up the filter on the Nord, well when the pattern starts over again (i.e. "loops"), fruityloops sends the program change msg again, resetting the changes I had just made on the Nord - frustrating...

Message 4/7             01-Feb-02  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

k

Link?:  Link

aha... well Fuity no doubt has gone a lonmg way since I last looked at/used PRO version...

is there an edit screen to view sysex & bank/patch changes? - or what?

wouldn't it be better to just manualy set the patch?

if you are working on a short looped groove of course it'll reset at each pass... adding a patch command into your sequence is perhaps best for when a track starts & plays thru to the end and stops. So you xcan load & play and it'll assign the right sounds from scratch...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             01-Feb-02  @  09:13 PM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

bster

best way is to copy the bar you are looping to a nice length ( so you are not looping over ever couple of seconds, but hearing the same thing) then do your filter thing, and as K says it will reset at the start of the loop, so make sure you paste 'em together (the copied looped bar).

i'm sure somone can explain this bettr than me!
trying to be helpful B-ster

Message 6/7             02-Feb-02  @  03:45 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

espoo2

What you need to do is program your change in its own separate pattern, a blank pattern other than the change...

If you are doing it in Loop mode instead of song mode, it wont work.

And yes, K, I've bought fruity a couple of years ago and it has taken leaps and bounds since your last review... I was going to suggest you do a new review, actually...

Soundfont support, piano roll, multi-midi out, granulizer, 3 oscilator synth, TONS of bundled effects, beat slicer, ASIO!!! and on and on and on....

Message 7/7             04-Feb-02  @  03:59 AM   -   RE: Fruity Loops Midi Program Change?

Espoo2

What you need to do is program your change in its own separate pattern, a blank pattern other than the change...

If you are doing it in Loop mode instead of song mode, it wont work.

And yes, K, I've bought fruity a couple of years ago and it has taken leaps and bounds since your last review... I was going to suggest you do a new review, actually...

Soundfont support, piano roll, multi-midi out, granulizer, 3 oscilator synth, TONS of bundled effects, beat slicer, ASIO!!! and on and on and on....

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)