aaa setting up logins or whatever (w98) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             12-Feb-02  @  07:01 PM   -   setting up logins or whatever (w98)

steve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yeah sorry, not really music related but I`m sort of giving my pc to my dad but i`ll still use it from time to time for internet and stuff. So how do I sort it out for dual logins in w98? I don`t really want that nosy old bugger reading my emails and *ahem* parousing my favourites list so can someone help me out? Please?

And as he`ll be using my connection to log onto the internet, would it still be possible to pw protect outlook express?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             12-Feb-02  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

steve

by that I meant for ie explorer to save my pw for logging onto the internet, but for outlook express it`ll have to be typed in.

Yeah I know, I`m stupid. Thats why I bought a mac  

Message 3/7             12-Feb-02  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

bedwyr

Link?: Link

with that login thing on 98 all you have to do to bypass is press escape, so don't tell the old fella that and make sure you always sign in when you're using it.

i'll have a look on 98 later, might have some info. i might be pissed tho.. gotta get in training for the argies tomorrow.

Message 4/7             14-Feb-02  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

bedwyr

Link?: Link

i had a look, and i can't find how to do it. but now i've got a stupid logon box when i start up and i can't get rid of it.

Message 5/7             14-Feb-02  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

steve

alright, cheers anyway. Guess I`ll have to get off my arse and work it out myself.

Message 6/7             19-Feb-02  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

mark

users or profiles in ctrl pannel.
or,
goto start find and search for *.pwl

this means password list
delete these files and you got rid of ya profiles

any dial up passwords will be deleted so make sure you got them handy

HTH

Mark

Message 7/7             19-Feb-02  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: setting up logins or whatever (w98)

k

Link?:  Link

in outlook you can use identities or, DONT use your default email account password, but ONLY have the two inner accounts in ACCOUNTS (each with a unique password) that way you get your mail, pops gets his - just make sure each account is ticked to NOT remember password and it's setup to 'ASK ME' when it boot's which profile to load with a password required... windows login forces a new desktop, shortcuts, my documents etc folder for each user but wont seperate your email neccessarily.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)