aaa How to record midi real time - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: How to record midi real time

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             02-Jan-02  @  04:22 PM   -   How to record midi real time

Brett B

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am able to play the synths with my controler, but how do I record the midi I play to a track? Can't seem to find this in the manual. Thanks!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             03-Jan-02  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

influx

Link?:  Link

dont you click next to the track and then just hit record?

Message 3/7             04-Jan-02  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

Brett B

Tried that and it didn't record. It's remote controlling the synth, and or mixer parameter, but it's not recording any of the performance.

Message 4/7             05-Jan-02  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

horizens

you have to go to midi preferences and select
the right device in the sequencer option

Message 5/7             07-Jan-02  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

Brett B

I have it all set up. It won't even record mouse movements? I have it remote controling using my 01v without any problems. MIDI works fine, it just doesn't record when I hit record and move knobs etc. I can play it with my synth keyboard but again it doesn't record from there.

Message 6/7             07-Jan-02  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

Neph

This may help...

Make sure that your midi recieve channel in the preferences dialog, is set to 1. Go to the track you are working on. Go to the midi device at the top of the rack, disconnect every channel and ensure that your midi interface is selected and audio output is setup correctly. Also be sure that your controller is set to transmit via midi channel 1.

I had the problem where i could play the intruments, but could not use my controller to record in the midi, the above fixed it, hope this helps.

Message 7/7             08-Jan-02  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: How to record midi real time

mantatrax

Link?: Link

Hey.

You just have to click next to the instrument name in the sequencer section - the one that you want to record - there has to be a midi port icon next to your instrument name. Then, you'll put your synth on channel one (because reason records on midi channel one by default) and if you want to record changes in modulation wheel, you'll have to go to the physical instrument in the top panels, right-click on the mod-wheel and select 'edit automation', to be able to record it. Now all should work fine :-)

Feel free to ask more if you need to know more...

Laterz,
MtraX
http://www.mp3.com/mantatrax - thanx 4 listening!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)