aaa virus? hmm? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: virus? hmm?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             11-Dec-01  @  12:44 PM   -   virus? hmm?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

recently i've been having some strange shit going on. every now and then (actually at least once a day) with windows xp, my mouse goes crazy. i'll be surfing and all of a sudden the mouse pointer relocates to the start menu and my keyboard seems to press return/enter every time i move my mouse (all manner of different windows opening up very quickly). if i stop everything for a few seconds all is fine, if a little disconcerting. sometimes it closes my ie window.

i don't know if it's connected but my other boot of win98se sometimes doesn't shutdown with an 'error trying to write to aux' thing (looks like a dos error with try/abort/fail (?)) then if i restart with xp, it tells me that my autoexec is corrupt. i delete the autoexec (nothing in it anyway) but the error always comes back after an 'error trying to write to aux' thing.

i'm using norton antivirus with the latest update, and i realise that these sorts of problems are hard to sort, was wandering if anyone had experienced anything similar, especially the mouse thing.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             11-Dec-01  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

99devils

Don't know what to tell you, man  

-Craig

Message 3/7             11-Dec-01  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

bedwyr

i don't know what to tell me either, if i thought about it too long i might get spooked.

Message 4/7             11-Dec-01  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

k

Link?:  No link

got a firewall ?? - sounds like you got a trojan onboard mebbe ?

Message 5/7             13-Dec-01  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

beds

Link?:  Link

using ie6/xp in built firewall, but shouldn't my norton antivirus pick it up? i think the mouse thing only happens when i'm online, i'll try another firewall. thx

Message 6/7             13-Dec-01  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

k

use zonealarm - it's free and works. well rated.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             13-Dec-01  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: virus? hmm?

bedwyr

yup, used to use it with no problems, why i stopped i'll never know.

(my grls house mate says zonealarm won't let him access gaywales.com (sp) tho.) ;)

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)