aaa Logic w/ fruityloops using midi - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             25-Sep-01  @  11:37 PM   -   Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

Mike Goldberg

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to use FruityLoops as a drum synth in logic, but i'm not quite sure about how to set it up. I've heard that you can set it up as a "muli-instrument" and then set midi port with the fruityloop driver, but in logic there is only my midiman usb 2x2 diver and then the "no driver" options to select.

Is this the way to set it up? Do I actually really need to set it up through midi?

I found some older posts on this topic, but didn't shine any light in my direction  

Please help, thanks a bunch!!

Peace,
mike
l0ckx

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             26-Sep-01  @  01:33 PM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

k

Link?: Link

well you need to use Hubbi's loopback driver, but you also have a new problem, if you run that in sync with Logic, you probably cant run Logic's audio drivers and Fruity's audio drivers at the same time unless your soiundcard has multiple 'virtual ports' which allow multiple programmes to access the cards output drivers. or use a multi-out soundcard with the driver able to be run 'independent' and assign a different pair of drivers to each audio s/w.... it might be tricky as Fruity is not a VSTi synth which integrates into Logic or VST etc.....
(it's sell shitloads more if it did have a VSTi version)

Most people create loops in Fuity, then export them as audio & lkoad them to their audio multitrack/ midi & audio sequencer

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             26-Sep-01  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

Mike Goldberg

thats what i was thinking k, its not like i'm going to be doing live pa or anything ...... its totally all recording......

I'll choose option #2....btw, i have a delta 66

peace and thanks,
mike
l0ckx

Message 4/7             28-Sep-01  @  12:00 PM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

Steve Roughley

Would an Audiowerk8 support the running of both Fruity and Logic at the same time?

While we're on the topic of Fruity Loops and Logic, has anybody had any problems with the Loops that Fruity exports, when they are imported into Logic???

Every now and then I find that a loop which I have created and imported into Logic sounds as if it is being pitch shifted up an octave. The loops sound fine through windows media player but not in Logic.

Message 5/7             28-Sep-01  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

milan

Link?:  Link

is it the sampling rate maybe? that you´re exporting loops in 44.1Khz and have logic set to 48, or the other way around?

Message 6/7             30-Sep-01  @  11:50 AM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

Steve Roughley

Nope! Definitely not. I spent about a month going through every possible cause. The only thing that I think it might be is the fact that Fruity's tempo setting does not adjust to decimal points. And I wonder if this may be it.

Message 7/7             30-Sep-01  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Logic w/ fruityloops using midi

milan

Link?:  Link

are you doing thet? using decimals in your song tempo? That still shouldnt cause logic to pitch stuff up. unless (just maybe) you´re using the "set tempo by object sizes" command? but then it should strech loops, not shift... i actually dont know what to say.

anyway, MY audio playback just crewed up big time. why the hell do we use computers to make music anyway?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)