aaa MIDI is getting stuck ! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: MIDI is getting stuck !

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             16-Aug-01  @  05:33 PM   -   MIDI is getting stuck !

Dexter

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I use logic 4.61 and a roland synth. when i play a track
(in the logic) that contains many midi ch's and go to a free ch to add or even just play notes, they are cut and somtimes don't sound, or being played for a short burst as
i Release the key...
my midi port is a SB16 card (i know, i know it's shitty) but 'till now it worked fine. does any1 knows what i'm talking about ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             17-Aug-01  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

k

Link?: Link

does it make any difference which midi channel the new track is set to -?

Like when you select the new track and it all goes haywire, is that channel the same as your keyboard OUT channel setting by any chance ?

By the way, you DO have local control OFF on your keyboard right & play it THRU Logic!?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             17-Aug-01  @  09:05 AM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

Dexter

k:
1. it goes on all the ch's. (even when i use the roland as a thru device to my e-mu sampler).
2. all my devices are localed off.
3. i don't understand what you mean by 'haywire'
any way i never put too much attention whethere
the keboard/sampler are on the same midi ch
as the logic. as i understand it, the logic doesn't "care" from which ch it gets the midi IN msg's as it puts that msg's OUT on whatever ch i'm on at the logic arrange.
4. are there other options BUT playing it THRU
logic?

Message 4/7             22-Aug-01  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

Dexter

k ? some1 ? plz help me..

Message 5/7             24-Aug-01  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

dexter

you think that i need to d/l a new driver to my
sb16 midi interface ? if i need, where do i find it ?

Message 6/7             26-Aug-01  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

k

Link?: Link

sorry - been away - um..... phew well if it's not a loop then mebe the sb is sharing the isa slot irq in some way and that's corrupting the signal flow?

mind you, it's the 'Used to work ok' bit that worries me... anything change on the pc?... or the roland like mebbe the roland is bouncing incoming midi from logic back to it's OUT port?.. that'd make a loop... something had to change.....

so if you open a NEW song and play your keyboard thru Logic with the sb port selected as the midi OUT, that records ok with just one midi track utilised?.. and with again using a NEW song does that hgappen when you then go to let the first recorded track playback as you then audition another new midi parrt THRU Logic?... does this cutting of notes etc happen to BOTH the e-mu & the roland keyboard?.... apart from that could the cable be fucked possibly?..

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             11-Sep-01  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: MIDI is getting stuck !

Dexter

sorry, i haven't been around in the last days.
anyway, nothing has changed in my comp, and it happens to the roland as well as to the e-mu.
it happens when i start a new song, and it's
not a looping prob. now it even started happening
even when i play solo, like when the logic is in
stop status. i didn't think of a ed midi cable
prob.that could be it. that, or a driver prob.
i'll replace the cables and let you know..
thank you so much anyway, your'e a kind man  ))

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)