aaa Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             31-Jul-01  @  01:40 AM   -   Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

Chris

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am confused as to which soft sampler i should use with cubase R3. Vsampler, which looks real nice so far however i just got this and have been unable to get any audio out just yet, Halion the new Steinberg released sampler or, the sampler in Reason. I have no idea which is the better route to go or why, and i would rather concentrate on learning one than all of them. Please let me know what you suggest and why. Cheers, Chris

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             31-Jul-01  @  11:41 AM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

dave_outland

I'm no pro, but the sampler in Reason is pretty easy to get the hang of, and sequencing it using the matrix is pure joy.

Message 3/7             31-Jul-01  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

Chris

Well, that's one vote for reason... Just curious if you have ever used a hardware sampler before or any of the other soft samplers? I have been using a yamaha a 4k for just over a year now. I really like the yamaha however i have consistent problems with the memory being lost or corrupted in it. Could you imagine working your ass off on a creating a library of samples and one day it's just gone or you can no longer save or create new banks on a particular paritition. Infuriating mate! I have programs like disky that are supposed to help you create back ups however it always crashes and my cd writer doesn't even write the correct format for me to be able to make write the info to a CD. God damn nightmare i tell ya. No support for Disky anymore. Not even sure you can still get it. There must be a better way i say. Soft synths gotta be a better alternative. Anyone got a take on this??? Chris

Message 4/7             31-Jul-01  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

k

Link?: Link

well one thing, Emagic's EXSP24 & Halion both read akai disk's Reason sampler does not. if that's relevent. BUT it is an ok sampler, and of course with REASON you get all the other goodies, which is great bonus, and it runs pretty light. Latest VST allows you to actualy programme the REASON gear via VST sequencer too, as will (apparently) Logic new V5 when released.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             31-Jul-01  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

Chris

whats the latest vst release at now ya know?

Message 6/7             01-Aug-01  @  04:25 AM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

k

R6 but you can programme REASON as far as I know from V R4

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             08-Aug-01  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: Which soft sampler to use w/Cubase?

k

well I got it all working and fuck me ragged!!!... the integration is SO good between REASON & VST . what a total delight sequencing Reason rack gear from VST!!... plus you can then use patterns to the drums and get those triggering synth gates etc... superb for trance!!!!!!! - you gotta do it!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)