aaa Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Aug-01  @  03:42 AM   -   Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

BJT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Okay:

Making a new computer, consisting of:

Athlon 1.2G Thunderbird C

Asus Mobo - A7A266

256 DDR RAM

Audiophile SoundCard

Anyway, I wanna have two monitors, but can't decide between
Geforce 2mx and Matrox DualHead 450.
I understand the DualHead is effectively the same as having
two video cards, where as the Geforce lets you span
the screen across two monitors.

Will be using Sonar, Reactor and other assortments and hopefully mebe get my hands on Logic Audio.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Aug-01  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

99devils

Link?: Link

The Matrox will let you span monitors too. So will the ATI Radeon VE, which is the cheapest of all 3. Try Tomshardware.com, I think they did a shootout of the 3 dual head cards.

-Craig

Message 3/7             02-Aug-01  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

Brett B

Link?:  Link

So it appears you can run your desktop split across two monitors, or run video on one and apps on the other. So what about opening two views of the same app. Like the console view, and arrange? I guess using only one mouse prevents this from being possible. i really thought that is what dual monitors was for, but after reading more about them, it appears i was misinformed.

Message 4/7             02-Aug-01  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

99devils

You'd open Cake across both monitors, and drag the arrange view to one and the console view to the other.

-Craig

Message 5/7             04-Aug-01  @  02:03 AM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

Brett B

Link?:  Link

I see, you size them manually. I was wondering how you could have two maximized windows open. The mouse would have to span across both. Cool. Thank for the info. Brett

Message 6/7             06-Aug-01  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

99devils

Yeah, from what I understand the mouse simply disappears off one screen and appears on the other.

-Craig

Message 7/7             11-Aug-01  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: Geforce 2mx or Matrox DualHead

k

they are going for 60 quid now man!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)