aaa sonar + win2k WDM - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: sonar + win2k WDM

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             01-Jun-01  @  11:18 AM   -   sonar + win2k WDM

Brett B

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I got a learning editions of win2k with my MCSE books. Loaded it in as a second os. Installed all the necessary software, and it is so much more stable than the MME was on 98. After many days of trouble shooting, i still have audio stops and drop outs with MME. One problem was clipping on an input moniter, was cuasing some drop outs, but after turming off that my complex arrangments with mutliple reverbs and eq's stopped every few minutes for no reason. Latency was not good either.I am waiting on opcode to e-mail a NT driver for my studio 64x. If I can get a midi driver that works well, i am sticking with 2k for use with soanr at least. Opcode was pretty good about sending me a driver last summer. I know they closed shop, but someone is following up on service.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             01-Jun-01  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

sitar

Jeez. I spoke to Echo Audio yesterday. They will have the WDM drivers available soon for Layla and their other cards but only for Win 2k. The fellow said that it makes no sense to work on the drivers for Win 98 because 98 is being faded out and they still need to make Mac drivers next. (To hell with the Mac drivers I say) Mac? Sonar is PC. Does it even exist for Mac? So I've heard that Win 2k has had some problems on the music making end of things and that 98 is the one to stay with at this point. Is this misinformation or outdated info I wonder?

Message 3/7             01-Jun-01  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

Brett B

I don't know, but I opend a project in win2k that had all kinds of problems with the audio stopping. I opend it on windows 2k with the lowest latency and ran four additions sofsynths and open 5 more reverbs and it never stopped. My tests shoed it to be much more stable. it dies have some audio clitches when opening and colsing windows, but that is common to other apps as well. cubase does that sometims when in a complex mix. But it never stopped once. I still use the fat32 file system. Not the NTFS. i know protools runs on NT. I bet it runs on 2k or will. I am going to their site to check. I think i am ready to delve into that arena here in the next year. I do like 2k. But functionality is most important. I need to get a win2k midi interface. My opvcode doesn't have drivers yet. they said they are developing them soon, or plan too. midi drivers are pretty small ventures, but opcode is no longer operational. It could be a while as it is most likely someones charity work.

Message 4/7             02-Jun-01  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

sitar

"I don't know, but I opend a project in win2k that had all kinds of problems..."

Did you mean to say win98 there?

Message 5/7             03-Jun-01  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

Brett B

yup

Message 6/7             27-Jun-01  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

aaron

Link?:  No link

yes. outdated. very. except for the fact that hoontech drivers conflict with filemakerpro for some reason unbeknownst to me   i shold be getting a money order soon (for something unrelated) then i am building another computer just to use the hoontech on. i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack (quit my normal job, it, music is too kewl and i can make money doing databasing and php-mysql shit.   )

Message 7/7             27-Jun-01  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: sonar + win2k WDM

Brett B

aaron you lost me man. What are you talking about? What is outdated? I did get Sonar working glitch free in win98. I switched the clock source from audio to internal.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)