aaa midi slowly loses time - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: midi slowly loses time

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             10-Jun-01  @  02:57 AM   -   midi slowly loses time

Chrislmiller

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

While running audio and Midi simultaneously, midi slides out of sync after about 1 minute. Midi is synced up fine at first, solid. It just will not stay in time. Does anyone else have this problem. How do i fix? Thanks Chris.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             10-Jun-01  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

k

Link?: Link

hmm.. is the midi device the same as the audio device, that is all-in-one? & is that with vst like?..... well, you COULD try changing the preroll which should be set to the same as your latency in audio/system - make sure your Midi Sync Reference is set to audio, and mebbe if all else faisl try adding +1 or two samples or minus 1 or 2 samples in the 'midi to audio delay' box ? - shouldn't do that tho... whats the audio & midi devices being used ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             10-Jun-01  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

Chrislmiller

I use the Lexicon core 2 sound card, which is ASIO. It has it's own monitoring system which i use called punch to lower latency. Global Disable and the punch feature routes audio directly to the outputs of the card. For midi i use the midiman winman 4X4 interface. I have the midi to audio delay set to - 2064. With this setting it lines up the audio i record real close the exact point where it is supposed to be recorded if you know what i mean. For whatever reason the audio and the midi will be dead on at first, then give it a minute and it will slowly slide away. I tried increasing the buffers all the way to max and they did not solve the problem. What do ya think. By the way i just got a copy of Sonar and i'm fooling with that this weekend. Maybe i will have better luck with it. Sincerely Chris.

Message 4/7             11-Jun-01  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

k

thats the problem... your delay setting is ok for a short snippet but slides as the song progresses... to be honest even tho you dont want to hear this, that Lexicon core is renowned for problems as far as I can see on the www. Out of interest what happens with the DIRECT MONITORING switch in VST's audio/system panel?.. if you use that and disable this Lexicon thru does that even work?.. i mean can you tick this box in VST audio/system?.. if yes then the card features direct monitoring i guess...

i cant see why you'd need to put such a massive delay on the audio-midi tho, if the card is using asio drivers then that shouldnt be neccessary surely.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             12-Jun-01  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

Chrislmiller

I talked with one of the Techs about this at sweetwater, cause frankly i have had it with this card. Lo and behold, he fixed it. How you ask. He had me switch my midi sync reference to time code instead of Clock in the system panel. So far so good. If you forsee me having any other problems because of this change, please let me know. Thanks for your help K, hope this info proves helpful for other poor lex. core 2 cards. Sincerely Chris

Message 6/7             12-Jun-01  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

k

eh!?.. blimey! - but you're not syncing anything are you?

Message 7/7             13-Jun-01  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: midi slowly loses time

Jasper

where is the time code coming from?

the lexicon?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)