aaa Converting Midi to Audio - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Converting Midi to Audio

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             15-Mar-01  @  12:58 AM   -   Converting Midi to Audio

coyote___

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If i have programmed midi loops and i want to record them to audio files, how can i do it so i don't loose the timing and keep them from having a click noise.
When i have tried to do it as of now, the audio recordings timing is off and there's a horrible click at the end where the part is done when it's at the end of the track i asigned to be recorded. what can i do if this makes sense?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             15-Mar-01  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

k

"If i have programmed midi loops and i want to record them to audio files"

what is 'them' ?

Message 3/7             15-Mar-01  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

Manik

k - I suspect he's referring to the audio that's being triggered by the midi loops.

Well coyote ugly dude, you gotta tell us what you got before we can tell you how to do it right. Software, hardware, pc setup, etc.

Message 4/7             17-Mar-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

coyote___

well, i have no budget so i've got Cubasis controlling a groovebox connected to my SBLive sound card. how do you record a wave file and have it fit the, i dunno what to call it, tempo? time? measure? when i've tried recording a bassline i've programmed into Cubasis and played back through the synth, the timing is off on the wave file created. I'm a total newbie. There must be an easy explanation or some way someone can teach me how to make a song. Help.
Chris

Message 5/7             18-Mar-01  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

Jasper

one thing would be to edit the wav file in a sample editor like cool edit or sound forge (or cubasis?). You've probably got some space at the start of the file that needs deleting.

Message 6/7             19-Mar-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

k

Link?: Link

yes... this might happen if you try to loop it... first like jasper says, export the file, trim it and get it looping properly

then re-import it to the song and see the Dancetech ARTICLES section - search for VST or cubase... there is an article all about setting loops & tempo from loops in cubase or just use the timestretch tool in the toolbox (right mouse) - simply make sure the tempo is correct - set the loop on the track starting at a bra... select the timestretch tool, and simply click on the part... it strethes it to fit the tempo exatly - but read the article too cos it has other useful stuff.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/7             19-Mar-01  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Converting Midi to Audio

k

Link?: Link

heh heh - sorry, that should have been - 'starting at a BAR'... not bra.. ha ha ha

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)