aaa Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly.. - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             17-Mar-01  @  02:56 PM   -   Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

styas

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have Cubase vst/32 5.0, the steinberg midex 8, and a midiman delta 66 on a p3 800 Mhz.

Say I press play and it is playing an audio channel, and I press stop, It loops the last couple of milliseconds of audio for about 1 to 2 seconds ; its like "ddddddddd" and no i wont do that again   .

I looked at my Midex 8 interface as this was happening, and saw that outs 1 thru 8 light up and turn off in quick succession, and it time it takes for this to happen is exactly as long as the audio is glitching.

So I highly doubt now that this is an audio card problem, but rather a cubase/midi problem. Is there a setting in cubase which makes it panic every channel in succession when u hit stop??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             20-Mar-01  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

styas

no one has had this problem?? is it by any chance related to how much mem i allocate to the audio channels.. and why does cubase shoot messages to outs 1-8 in that order? could these be panic messages?

Message 3/7             20-Mar-01  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

digital_rust

File?:  [image]

[image file]

in preferences, you can change this with "the
reset on stop" setting.

hope that solves it.

Message 4/7             21-Mar-01  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

k

excatly what i was going to suggest - hreh heh.. but adding the image is sooooo cool to show the way - fucking a1!! ha ha ha... classic. also the syncronisation/pre-roll effects the stop/start time.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/7             21-Mar-01  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

Jasper

Link?:  No link

[image file]

so you can include an image in the text by uploading?
erm k, just doing a test.. I noticed this uploads to your server so wipe it later. and please excuse the pic, dunno why I've got pictures of my mums cat at work.

Message 6/7             21-Mar-01  @  03:39 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

Jasper

Link?:  No link

k - that's a well smart feature.

Message 7/7             22-Mar-01  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: Cubase 5.0 behaving oddly..

styas

[image file]

phat! we can upload pix? I just wanted to make sure mine works.. in the meantime, check out this meanass piece someone was selling on ebay

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)