aaa Are 2 CDroms necessary? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             27-Nov-00  @  12:21 AM   -   Are 2 CDroms necessary?

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Celeron 433, 128 megs, Adaptec 2940.

inside are two 4 gig scsi drives and a yamaha CDR 8424

outside is an E4, zip drive, and Toshiba CDrom for the Emu.

one internal drive is disabled right now (actually one too many pieces on the chain if you count the internal drive in the E4)

SO...if I pull the toshiba, will I be able to use the computers CDrom to load sounds from Emu CDs?

how does one switch between the two? If I mount the drive for the sampler, then what if I want to use it for the computer..?

sorry. this is totally new territory for me

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             27-Nov-00  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

k

Link?:  No link

have you treid stacking the external/internal items above/below the controller ID like seperated ? - i'm sure if i was not too lazy to read my adaptec 2940 manual it said something about that last time i read it ??..

Message 3/7             27-Nov-00  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

influx

I was wondering about that. the ID on the card is at 7...and I was thinking...that since it was in the middle it should be in the middle ID wise. but someone told me that doesnt matter.

still...can I dump the ext CDrom? Id like to if possible

Message 4/7             27-Nov-00  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

99devils

If your internal CD-ROM is SCSI, then
yes, you can dump the external drive.
All you need is one.

-Craig

Message 5/7             28-Nov-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

r-tek

when the scsi worked on my puter influx, I could read my e3/akai format cd roms from my puters internal scsi cd rom no problem. Just turn the e4 on first tho.

Message 6/7             28-Nov-00  @  07:04 PM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

k

it DOES matter ALOT influx, dont change it's id!!!!

Message 7/7             29-Nov-00  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Are 2 CDroms necessary?

influx

ok...but...shit. Ill call adaptec.

sorry for the ignorance. thanks for the tries.

thing is k..from what I read what youd said...the IDs should be sequential? Like...following the physical placement of each piece?

thats not true, is it.

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)