aaa This program is the best thing ever - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: This program is the best thing ever

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             04-Jan-02  @  05:23 PM   -   This program is the best thing ever

Brett B

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The music I am making with Reason is so much more than what I was rythmicly. I just didn't have the kits to do all this with my sampler. I am doing all these layers of tribal stuff and that is what I have been trying to achieve for a while. The sysnths are so easy to program and come up with cool shit, and when used with quality plug-ins going through Cubase anything is possible. I would like to see some new synth modules released. An FM operator and a straight wavetable synth with microwave style parameters. The recycle play is amazing too. My Hardware is becoming obsolite. I get bettedr sounds out off this than my analog stuff, and it's all in tune.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-Jan-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

Jacko Spax

I agree! Since I got Reason the only piece of old gear I have turned on is my sampler, and that was so I could dump all my samples onto the PC for use in reason.

A great program.

And I thought ReBirth was cool.....

Message 3/8             30-Jan-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

talon

after having electro studios since 1978(quite an addiction) all my hardware is going out the door !!!
with reason, orion, acid. taking there place, this was something we could only dream of and now is a very
kewel reality. just finished my 10th track. 2cd
ambi trance so simple so precise and good sound
had people say"nice analog sounds" hehehe

Message 4/8             31-Jan-02  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

Brett B

Do you think we should tell the public it's all in my computer. These are the richest, tightest and in tune tracks I have made. The key I found is inserting an eq into the reverb and delay chains to filter out the lows and mids, and using seperate mixers for grouping into bass,drums, and synths, and compressing them indipendantly. Then everything goes out into one main mixer. The reason compressors are great on drums. I used Orion, I hated the sequencer in it. But it supports VSTi and plug-ins though right? What about Directx?

Message 5/8             31-Jan-02  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

k

I spoke to Chris (Organic) yesterday actualy and during the conversation we touched on REASON, and he told me the last track he just finished was almost 100% reason...

Message 6/8             01-Feb-02  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

Brett B

I plan on sticking with it. I need the ungrade on Cubase to begin using my other softsynths and plug-ins. The eq's in Reason suck. Bass has been tricky because of that, but I work around them stacking two or three of them up, and this new track I finished is pretty tight. I am waiting on a mic to do some vocals samples through my digitech talker. Snd it's done. I'll post it up then.

Message 7/8             06-Jul-02  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

_dru

Link?: Link

if it could only do midi out

Message 8/8             07-Jul-02  @  09:23 AM   -   RE: This program is the best thing ever

Soulfoolz

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

just rewire with cubase,logic or whatever and your midi-party is about to begin......although it would have been a nice feature ;-)

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)