aaa Any good deals on notebooks? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Any good deals on notebooks?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Jul-02  @  05:49 AM   -   Any good deals on notebooks?

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Well, I've finally decided that I don't want to lug my desktop around to shows anymore. I need a laptop. I work at dell, and they have decent prices, but I dont get any discount... I wouldn't mind the financing there, but, if I can find a better deal I'd be glad to...

Looking at pricewatch, most of the companys that come up for the notebooks are the same thing, with different front doors.... Annoying...

Anyway, I'd like to get something in the 1.5-2 ghz range, 356 ram is fine for me, and a CD-rw for those big file transfers.....

So, anyone know of anything?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             13-Jul-02  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

brett

there is a dealer on ebay named internetshop. They have thousands of positive feedback. The laptops they offer online are limited to usb i/o, but they have usb 2.o. I called them, and a p4 2.2ghz with two pcmcia slots and 3 usb 2.o and 1 firewire with 512mb ddr and a 40gig drive, and a dvd-cdrw cobo drive for $2199. I just didn't have nearly that much. I got my hp with a 1.2ghz in it for $1200 with a mail in rebate.

Message 3/8             13-Jul-02  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

Espoo2

good lord that's expensive!
No no no.... talking $1200 range here.

Message 4/8             13-Jul-02  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

Brett

sorry, I didn't see the 1.5-2ghz range you were looking in. You go over 2 and the price shoots through the roof. You have to admit, the dell equivilent of the laptop I described is like $3000. They do have 1.6's for 1200-1300, but most don't have cardslots. give them a call.
1-866-650-7400

Message 5/8             16-Jul-02  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

Espoo2

Um... I _work_ there...

Message 6/8             16-Jul-02  @  11:14 AM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

steve

Link?: Link

that was funny.

Message 7/8             16-Jul-02  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

milan

hahaha.

Message 8/8             16-Jul-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: Any good deals on notebooks?

mike

eBay

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)