aaa Velocity in chords - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Velocity in chords

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             09-Feb-02  @  10:11 PM   -   Velocity in chords

Rikard

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello.
There is one feature that id really like to see in sonar, maybe its only there but i dont know how to do it.
If i have a 3-note chord with all notes starting at exactly the same time, and i want to change velocity on only one or two of the notes, how do i do it? I usually move the note a litle bit so i can draw velocity only for that note and then move it back. But in many other sequencers (reason for example) its much easier: just select/mark the notes u want to draw velocity on and only those will be affected.
If only Sonar had this feature i would be totally satisfied with the program.. it cant be hard to implement.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             09-Feb-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

gb

Link?:  Link

Open a piano roll or staff, then right-click the note you want to change.

Message 3/8             09-Feb-02  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

Rikard

yeah, i know that.. but that methos is not very fast. Say that i have a drum pattern and i wanna fade out only the hihats in 4 bars.. it would take forever to right click every note and adjust velocity. In many other sequencers its much faster, just select the notes u want to edit and only they are affected when drawing velocity.

Message 4/8             09-Feb-02  @  11:44 PM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

Moujik

I think theres a CAL scrip "Split Notes To Tracks" - where it moves each different note to its own MIDI track. I'd guess that would be faster?

Have a go - I think its on the Cakewalk site, or if not I have it & can post it here for ya.

Message 5/8             09-Feb-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

Rikard

Thanx, but in that case i can just work with one track for each separate sound in the future, dont need the CAL script. I was just wondering if there was some method to edit only the selected notes in the piano roll. I guess not..

Message 6/8             10-Feb-02  @  02:05 AM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

Brett B

use the event list. you will see your varying groups of notes with the same meaure and ticks value. just type in your velocities for each chord.

Message 7/8             10-Feb-02  @  11:19 AM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

gb

Or if you're looking for a straight line velocity fadeout, use /Edit/Velocity after selecting the notes you want to change. Or right-click on the selected notes, then select Midi Effects/Cakewalk FX/Velocity.

Message 8/8             10-Feb-02  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Velocity in chords

gb

BTW I use Cakewalk 9, but I assume they didn't change these things that much in Sonar.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)