aaa here's a good one - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: here's a good one

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             19-Dec-01  @  03:03 AM   -   here's a good one

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

you can remove IE and other components and customise what bits of Windows 98, 98SE and Windows Me... anyone used that?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             19-Dec-01  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

k

Link?:  Link

here's an interesting testimonial from their site

'I am using the most advanced audio software available, namely Samplitude 2496. with tons of audio gear. Sam 2496 is on fire with your new Pro 2.0 software in 98. proccessing 96khz audio for long periods oftime with directx plugins can really take a lot of horsepower + an extreemly stable operating system. Haven't seen this program run like this before. Hour after hour without a crash. People who are heavy in multimedia this is a godsend.The motherboard I'm using is the latest Supermicro P6DGH with 9 PCI slots, 2 ISA slots, + AGP + most slots are full. Running 600mhz Plll. Very finicky motherboard but not with 98PRO. If Pro works this good in Samp then people running Cad or any high end intensive program will benifit greatly. I have tried many of your earier versions + had some doubts but there isn't no doubts on this one. Its' fast + rock solid. People won't beleive their eyes when they see this program do its' magic.'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             19-Dec-01  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

influx

K...

I actually bought it! and...installed it and everything seemed cool, but then wavelab wouldnt run. and neither would recycle. Apparently (this was a year ago and Ive forgotten) there are parts of IE that some progs use to run properly?

I didnt quite understand this, so maybe you could shed some light?

Message 4/8             19-Dec-01  @  03:57 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

influx

I see there are updates. Im gonna reinstall in a week or so and try this out again!

Message 5/8             19-Dec-01  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: here's a good one

k

Link?:  No link

yeah i'm going to give it a go - BUT read what it says, it doesnt recommend adding to a pc with any problems, so if your box is playing up it needs to do a fresh install from scratch - I'm building a new athalon test box in the new year as the first DT-PC project build series, and i'll try it there.

Message 6/8             21-Dec-01  @  09:22 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

brad

Ahhh! So that's the 98lite you were talking about influx!

Looks very interesting- I'm def. gonna check it out. K I'm building a new box myself, based on the prorec roll your own 2001- 1.4 Athlon Tbird (133 bus), Iwill(?) mobo, couple of ata133 drives...Going with the Korg Oasys card w/ the Alesis AI-3 for analog i/o (maybe). Also dual-monitor, loads of 133 ram, that Yammy CDR everyone loves...Gonna go rackmount, BTW.

I'm in total research mode now- I know it looks like I need to do more, but really I'm just too lazy too grab my notes right now! I will start buying parts *very* soon. Just got the upgrade to VST/24 5.1 today! You know you are into the shit when you start spacing out on how you're gonna build your new computer ;-)

So what's your spec looking like?

Message 7/8             21-Dec-01  @  09:25 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

brad

Whoa didja see the whole price option thing?!?! Dude, I already wanna buy this!

Message 8/8             28-Dec-01  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: here's a good one

dropadrop

Link?:  No link

Hey!

You can also custemise your win98 setup. Go to that 98lite homepage, and download a program called "ieradicator" it takes all refrences to internet exploder and outlook-express from your computer. I've done it on 3 computers till now, and never caused any problems.
It dramaticaly raises system performance, and makes it a hell of a lot more stable.
Then select "my computer" -> "control panel" -> "add remove programs" -> "windows setup". From here you can drop out all the useless things like games, and dialup networking ect... I imagine you can get rid of more with the 98lite, but through here you can allready get alot of weight of your setup!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)