aaa Anyone bought a DV system? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Anyone bought a DV system?

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             12-Jan-02  @  08:26 AM   -   Anyone bought a DV system?

bster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i've finally given up on my shyte pc and i'm going to buy a Digital Village pc, has anyone got any experience with one? its gonna cost £1400 for that i get Cubase VST v5, delta 44 s-card, pentium iv 1.5, 30Gb HD 7200rpm, 512mb,windows ME, sony cdrw, 17"monitor mouse k-board.
any comments?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             12-Jan-02  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

go to www.pcindex.co.uk ^ and price the parts yourself. then maybe decide if the extra is worth paying. i guess they guarantee that it works all fine & dandy tho, which it probably won't if you diy (it will after some headbanging though)

30gb seems quite small for the money. i paid £80 for my ibm deskstar 30gb 8 months ago. maybe it's scsi. ?

Message 3/8             12-Jan-02  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

k

Link?:  Link

yeah... that's alot on top for them to build it. you could prtobably get a producer pak with wavelab & a cd-burner too for that price.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             14-Jan-02  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

bster

i've just got a new price on the system, as the first post but with 1GB RAM and a 60GB Hard drive and a revised price of £1230 meaning i can get some decent monitors.
i aint goning to build one, i cant sort out\configure my current midi only pentium 120mhz,1GB, 42 ram pc.
For me a one stop solution is ideal as it would take me forever and a day to put one together although i might have a go at building a small pc to get some idea of the workings so i can sort out problems in the future ill link it to the new one and use it for soft synth\samplers etc.

bster

Message 5/8             15-Jan-02  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

bster

here is the list of components they have priced up for me, their choices not mine.

Suntek- Th769 midi tower case
AGP- ps2 mouse.
keyboard - steel back.
20x10x40 ide cdrw.
QDI- Qdi Platinix P4 intel845 mainboard.
Intel- Pentium 1.5 cpu.
(no name)- 60gb 7200rpm ide H\Drive.
Belinea- 17" monitor.
Spire- Ram 133mhz.
56k modem
Midiman- Delta 44.
Steinberg- Cubase VST 5.1

Message 6/8             15-Jan-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

bster

found out the diskdrive is an IBM deskstar and the ram is 2 sticks of 512mb.

Message 7/8             15-Jan-02  @  05:03 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

k

Link?:  Link

seems way overpriced to me - qdi are good but usualy cheap, belinea are one of the cheapest monitors (but that doesnt mean they are crap tho)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/8             15-Jan-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Anyone bought a DV system?

bster

yeah i've priced some of the stuff seperatley and some of it is cheaper, i've seen the monitor for £125 digital village are charging me £160 and the 1.5gig processor i've seen for £130 digital villages price breakdown states £180.

the thing is they have broken down the price for each component but obviously i dont expect them to build, configure and provide support for nothing so the component prices are going to reflect this as the price breakdown doesnt have a section saying " £xx for building" "£xx for support" and a quote of millennium music 'charged' for these, £75 remote support £25+ for building.

How much as a percentage should i expect to be paying over the seperate component prices?

cheers for the advice
bster

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)