aaa looping in sonar - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: looping in sonar

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             04-Dec-01  @  02:04 AM   -   looping in sonar

dave_outland

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, I've been using Acid for over a year now, and I'm into Reason currently. However, with all the hype about softsynths, and samplers, I wanted to get my feet wet in a professional sequencer. I'm interested in Nuendo, Cubase, Logic or Sonar.
I would really love something that could import loops just like in acid, but with the chopper option like in version 3, (which I don't currently have yet). Can someone please recommend something to me. Thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             04-Dec-01  @  03:34 AM   -   RE: looping in sonar

Brett B

yes sonar will do that. i use reason and sonar now. if you plan on doing long pieces in reason cubase linked with reason through rewire might be better. exporting and importing 15 or 16 long files will ear up disk space.

Message 3/8             05-Dec-01  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: looping in sonar

dave_outland

kewl thanks. Any suggestions on which might be easier to learn, but still have alot of features.
Can Sonar use VST's or DXi's?

Message 4/8             05-Dec-01  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: looping in sonar

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

Sonar uses DXi but there's couple of adapters that will allow it to use VST efects and synths.
Spin Audio has VST - DX Wrapper and KKM has Directxier. I don't know which one is better. FXpansion might also have somekind of adapter to offer. Check out www.directxfiles.com

Message 5/8             05-Dec-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: looping in sonar

sitar

Link?:  Link

FXpansion has a vst wrapper too. It's worked without a hitch for me thus far and gives me all the real time envelope capabilities that I have with the dxi plugins.

Message 6/8             05-Dec-01  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: looping in sonar

Bit Crusher

Fx expansion seems to be the best at the moment, although directixer will soon support fx bank loading and such acording to the author in the next release, it also has a better interface IMHO and isnt as picky about plugins as fx expansion seems to be. 60$ for fx expansions wrapper and 39$ for directixer

Message 7/8             06-Dec-01  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: looping in sonar

Brett B

Fxpansion is great. I did'nt like the directxer. you had to lauch the directxer then open the fx from it. Fxpansion they seemlessly adapted right into the plug-in lists.

Message 8/8             06-Dec-01  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: looping in sonar

sitar

Yea, I'm happy with FXpansion. Seamless yes. Haven't used the others though. Or I used 1 freeware, can't remember what it was called and I had some problem or limitation issue with it.

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)