aaa Advice on upgrading soundcard - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Advice on upgrading soundcard

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             26-Jun-01  @  03:19 PM   -   Advice on upgrading soundcard

uberinsect

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,
Im upgrading from a crappy sb-live ..
use:-mainly soft synths ..reactor,pro-52 etc
but need to control and record a nova as well
what im looking for:-better sound quality lower noise ratio not bothered about onboard effects
or software just high recording and playback
quality...and the ability to record accurately to minidisc
price:-up to 350
advice sofar:-midiman delta 66,hoontec

what do you experts think would be a good buy?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             26-Jun-01  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

Moujik

Link?:  Link

Midiman Audiophile - only problem might be it's Co-Ax digi out; minidisc is usually optical, yeah?

But its got great lo-latency drivers, sounds great & can operate at 24bit/96khz...also you'd be saving yourself £180...

Message 3/8             27-Jun-01  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

uberinsect

umm sounds good
dont know if you can get coax to optical
converters????
or am i talking crap

Message 4/8             27-Jun-01  @  07:15 PM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

Moujik

Yes you can - Midiman also makes them; cost around £45.

BTW People are probably starting to think I work for Midiman. This is not true - I only pimp their gear cos I think its good, they update their drivers and are kind to their mothers  

Message 5/8             29-Jun-01  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

influx

got a delta and I like it. Dont even need the multi ins and outs so I could probably go with one of the others but something about running RCAs in to record bothers me

Message 6/8             29-Jun-01  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

k

i'd look at the new Hoontech Mk2 dsp2496 - that has opticalk & co-ax on the dig' plate which comes with and you get the option to add-on an 8x8 i/o rack if required in the future.... also it has VERY good asio drivers, better i think than delta's asio drivers. The hoontech has worked for me with all the sequencers, even Sonar is perfect.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/8             29-Jun-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

uberinsect

Thanks i think the hoontec sounded pretty ideal
i asked at turnkey but they all
looked at bit confused
'hooon blaaady what mate?'

Message 8/8             29-Jun-01  @  06:05 PM   -   RE: Advice on upgrading soundcard

k

FUCK TURNKEY... seriously.. if you're THAT desperate & central, then mail me and i'll get you one you can pickup from me down in Victoria, (proper kosher, warranty etc), i got an account with them.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)