aaa Research for Best Buy Software Synth - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Jun-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             16-Nov-00  @  10:54 AM   -   Research for Best Buy Software Synth

gonche

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I would to like to know any information on what any of you out there think could be the best buy software synth, as i am doing a study into this subject, also any reasons why the software synth you like is the best and how important it is in your setup...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

short and long articles will be included in the study, so have your say.. i will post the results once ive done the study for the college...

Cheers Andy Gardner

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             18-Nov-00  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

Jimmy

Id have to say that the best software synth would be Reaktor. Although it eats your CPU pwer HD for dinner, its ability to be so diverse is amazing. Apart from that, id have to say that the NI Pro-52 is a necessity in my studio. Its ability to faithfully recreate Prophet-5 sounds is welcomed in my studio. The Pro52 is essential to my setup because when i need strange EFX or jus plain analogue warmth, i find it always delivers.

Message 3/8             20-Nov-00  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

Dave

I agree too, Pro52 is lovely! I also think VAZ is a great bang for your buck!!
Dave

Message 4/8             30-Nov-00  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

darksecret

Dynamo looks like it's a pretty good value. 25 different reaktor ensembles including drum machines with step sequencers, fm synths, subtractive synths, granular and wavetable synths...all for around $139

I just sprung for Reaktor.

They just got the dude from Sync Modular to work for them. Hmmm. Maybe their filters will improve now.

Message 5/8             01-Dec-00  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

php

Link?: Link

Rhizomatic Absynth is really amazing, especially for $150.

Message 6/8             05-Dec-00  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

mitub

Looks really pretty (why oh why is windows so ugly??), shame its mac only.

Message 7/8             09-Dec-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

griels

Link?: Link

Ha ha! I kept warning you... SynC Modular was the best software synth buy ever. I registered my copy for $50 in June and anyone who did the same before 30th November has been offered a free copy of Reaktor (see http://www.mtu-net.ru/syncmodular/announce.htm). Dr SynC has terminated the project now (excluding bugfixes) but it garnered a select bunch of genii who really knew the potential of his program. Who knows what miracles Native Instruments, with their DSP knowledge, and Dr SynC with his/her programming brio will conjure up. Native Instruments recognise a savvy user base who will bring out the best in their products when they see one. Keep your eye on NI, VERY interesting things will be happening in the next few months. Expect to see greater sonic bang per CPU cycle and flexibility, and who knows what else...

Message 8/8             09-Dec-00  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: Research for Best Buy Software Synth

k

VAZX to me has always been very good... and it'll be a VSTi soon !! - cant wait!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)