aaa Songs always at 1 bpm on startup! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             05-Jan-02  @  12:04 AM   -   Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

Jesper

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

When I open up a saved song (or create a new one) the tempo on the transport bar is ALWAYS set to 1 bpm. Why does not the tempo get saved when every other parameter does? The manual has not been any help for me, and itīs quite frustrating to have to set the tempo manually every time you load a song (especially when you canīt remember the tempo you used last time!)

How can I change this permanently? Any help is appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             05-Jan-02  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

Jesper again

Oh, and I use VST 5.0 r1 on a PIII 733 with a Delta 66 card. There is some info for ya.

Message 3/9             05-Jan-02  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

damballah

Link?: Link

that's fucked up. mine always opens at the tempo the song was set at when last saved. is it at 1 bpm when starting a new song?

Message 4/9             05-Jan-02  @  05:02 AM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

influx

Link?:  Link

never heard of that one

but..go into preferences, and UNCLICK "save with song" which makes the preferences the same all the time.

oh..wait...hmm...try this...open the def .all file, set the tempo, and then save as the new def .all?

yeah..what D said...does a new song open at 1bpm? and then..if you save at say 150 when you re-open its at 1?

that is ing ODD

Message 5/9             05-Jan-02  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

k

certainly is... it's not something to dow ith mastertrack is it?.. or sync settings?

Message 6/9             06-Jan-02  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

Jesper

Yep, If I save a song to 150 bpm, close it, and open it again, the F*cka is back at 1 bpm! Really wierd...

And I have tried to set another tempo in the def.all file, as well as unclicking the "Save with song" box. No result...

K, what did you say about mastertrack/sync settings? Itīs worth a try, thats for sure. /J

Message 7/9             06-Jan-02  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

influx

yeah. maybe. open the mastertrack and see what the BPMs are set at.

Jesper..dont you feel special? Ive never heard of this one 

Message 8/9             06-Jan-02  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

Jesper

Oh yeah, I feel so special. I mean, what could possibly make a guy happier than to have a completely unique problem that no one has a soluton to ;)

As for the mastertrack thing: I opened the edit menu and clicked "graphical mastertrack" as well as "list mastertrack". From what I could see, the tempo was set to 120 bpm!

Still, the tempo on the transport bar is 1 bpm, and when you push play, the song plays... at the enourmous speed of one bpm.

What about sync settings? Any help is welcome.

Message 9/9             07-Jan-02  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Songs always at 1 bpm on startup!

knowa

well, if it was due to a sync to th mastertrack, they should open at 120, not 1 bpm. it's no solution, but just save the desired bpm in the title until you get it sorted. good luck.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)