aaa is total pc mixing possible - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: is total pc mixing possible

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-Jan-02  @  02:29 PM   -   is total pc mixing possible

subbrass

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to know if it is possible or stupid to hope mixing songs (with a good sound)only with a powerfull pc, a terratec soundcard(ewx 32),cubase, sp 808 and cs2x.
Please tell me if you have such a basic set, if you can obtein correct mixes.
Thanks!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Jan-02  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

bedwyr

Link?: Link

yes. good mixes have been done on a lot less.

Message 3/9             12-Jan-02  @  05:54 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

steve

absolutely.

Message 4/9             12-Jan-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

k

Link?:  Link

yup

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             12-Jan-02  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

CK aka PENBOA

Yes, but you will probably need to bounce most if not all VSTis to Audio files first.

Message 6/9             14-Jan-02  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

bedwyr

ck, why?

i'm running 1ghz athlon, and in logic i can run 3 fm7s, a pro52 or two, an es1, an evp88, a bunch of audio tracks, 7/8 exs24s, loads of plugins, waves etc (logic compressor on nearly every track). couple of platinum reverbs, couple of delays. & a bbe sonic maximizer & waves ultramaximiser over the stereo out just to be extravagant, and that nearly maxes out, but not quite.

and yer man said 'a powefull pc'. what are they up to now? 1.5? and i've got 256mb maybe if i fill the board with memory i can get more!

Message 7/9             14-Jan-02  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

dARKSTATe

Bedwyr's right..

I'm running a 1.4G Athlon, 512MB and I got bollock loads of headroom for running all number of tracks, insert FX and VSTIs (at loverly 96kHz 24bit too)...  

Prolly more synthesis and fx than you'd ever think of using if you were to use Hardware.. (Unless you're rich and have all that kit anyway) ;)

M_D

Message 8/9             14-Jan-02  @  07:08 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

k

personaly I'd go for logic silver with a midiman delta 1010 and bring the outboard sp 808 and cs2x In to the logic onboard mix in realtime to compose, then record them at the end as files and mixdown to stereo, get a cd-burner to run off copies to play outside etc/archive/backup etc.

Logic's easier to do automate mixing with & controller editing imo with it's universal style node-based method combined with the F3 'auto-define' which at a click brings up your recorded controller synth move/s ready to edit.... Logic behaves stabley when running right, silver has enuff aux sends & decent fx, and the rest of the programme is there. Or better Gold/exs sampler bundle. but you can upgrade... anyways at least dont auto-jump on cubase without checking Logic... or Sonar for that matter.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9             14-Jan-02  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: is total pc mixing possible

influx

hell..Im even looking at logic now. I got cubase5 for free and it works, but Im gonna go all audio soon, and I think im gonna run into some roadblocks

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)