aaa FREAKIN 'ECK - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: FREAKIN 'ECK

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             29-Sep-01  @  11:34 PM   -   FREAKIN 'ECK

xoxos

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

HELP!

it's no secret that, judging by the two versions of logic i've got, emagic have a little inconsistency between their manuals and software.. menus are different, there is no upsidedown 'Q' key on my keyboard (amusing.. dunno what they used to translate the manual, but there's german words between the key symbols, i guess 'ftrb' means 'ctrl' and stuff like that) but this is driving me NUTS.

i step sequence.

the key assigns are way screwed up, ie. my 'r' key would randomly reduce the quantise resolution or bring up a repeat object window. i figured it might have been from an instrument layer i downloaded off the net and had to be back converted i'm using gold 4.0) the trouble is i can't find the command i'm looking for on the key assigns page.

i reinstalled, still no luck (tho my 'r' key is now only assigned to one function.)

so do me a favour and look in your key ocmmands and tell me WHAT IT SAYS on the line for the key you've got assigned for 'going back and deleting the last note' ('B' according to the manual.)

my key commands window has no 'matrix editor' list, so i'm presuming it's in 'score editor commands,' but there's nothing there.

what a mess. big favour - i wake up in 8 hours; middle of the night, nobody to help. i'd really appreciate it. ta.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             01-Oct-01  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

k

Link?:  No link

on Platignum it is in 'options/settings/key commands (CTRL+ALT+K)

Message 3/9             01-Oct-01  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

bedwyr

i've had another look, would it be 'toggle previous event'? shift+left, it's under 'arrange and various sequence editors' in key commands.

btw in which editor do u step sequence? ... must be better than mousin' around!

Message 4/9             02-Oct-01  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

xoxos

AARRGGHHh! got it!!!!!!!!

thanks k, i figured it out and it's all your fault.. i was relating in reply to yr. email that the step sequencing keys can't be reassigned (which i suddenly remembered - it's early and clear here) and i looked up the exact wording to quote, and it says '..they can only be used if they have not been redefined for another purpose..'

course, that's inaccutare, because they were DEFINED, not re-defined for another purpose ;0

(accutare is latin for very very accurate which is me)

..so i went into key commands and UNassigned 'B' for 'set rounded locators by objects' which is what it is straight out of the tin and voila!!!! beautiful, beautiful step writing!!!

lets hope i don't need to do any setting of rounded locators by objects anytime soon :p

so bedwyr, i gotta know.. are you taking a rib at me or not? (not suspecting, just 50/50) since no one else seems to step sequence, and it's the only way i can write.. (using matrix editor) i've been thinking step for 8 years and i don't see how anyone can do it otherwise.. playing and quantising? no thanks. clicking notes in? are you serious?

course it could be due to a base in synthpop, so i need the exactness of stepping but with more changing melodic form than most dance styles (??) yes, it's bloody quick. just gotta get used to the single control for ties and rests.. ordered a sustain pedal immediately, so i'll let you know how that works out if you like.

and i steadfastly refuse to take any blame for my frustrations in this.. rounded locators my ass.

Message 5/9             02-Oct-01  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

bedwyr

not taking the p at all, i've always played and quantized, tho i used cubase/atari for few years - moving to logic has slowed me down no end  

no going back now though , might even find a use for rounded locators (?)

Message 6/9             02-Oct-01  @  02:07 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

k

Link?:  No link

i find Logic very fast indeed compared to the atari for midi work cos of the looping feature on Logic tracks, on-the-fly quantise & other copy/paste tricks.

Message 7/9             02-Oct-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

bedwyr

hmm, dunno, guess i just been used to one way - one thing does piss me off is there's no undo on midi editing (on cubase u can click into a part, edit to fck and still press escape to get back to where u were) - anyway, i guess this isn't a cubase v. logic thread  

k, how do you mean looping feature? i always used to set up arrange loops with left click/right click .. how 'bout an article on fast as hell logic shortcuts?

Message 8/9             03-Oct-01  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

xoxos

you don't know you can set a loop just by click/dragging on the measure bar at the top? haven't got enough song yet to see if you can play into a loop (like looping the end of a sample) to get arrange ideas..

set up my `/~ key to creat aliases in arrange.. tricks? i'll show you mine if you show me yours  

Message 9/9             04-Oct-01  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: FREAKIN 'ECK

bedwyr

;) yeah i know to loop, just don't see why it makes logic faster, thought i was missing out on a supa-dupa looping logic feature!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)