aaa Atari's worth getting... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Atari's worth getting...

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             17-Jul-01  @  03:02 AM   -   Atari's worth getting...

8life8

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

so is it in the year 2001 ?.. it most likely is, just for the tight timeing (I'd use it strightly as a sequencer but my only issue is reability, I read a interveiw with basment jax once where they said it crashed on them every hour, .. non the less I'm still pickig up some T-shirts... any thoughts?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             21-Jul-01  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

fiddleface

Link?: Link

I used mine for years, I think it crashed twice. Jerry

Message 3/9             23-Jul-01  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

influx

Link?:  Link

are you asking if ataris crash?

I had a 1040 AND a falcon. bout 2 years between em and maybe...3 or 4 freezups? not bad Id say

Message 4/9             24-Jul-01  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

8life8

yep u got it .. basicly what I'm asking... so I guess they r pretty reliable thx for the feedback.. but too late now, I just picked up a lappy, (well it's on it's way .. anyway off topic I was/am listening to your spinner remix ... and man what a WICKED track ... oohh how sweeeeat that bassline is .. and the beats.. oohh the stabs, man it's brillant!.. I'd like to c the vocal "spin" more .. like; throw it in the air w little loops and add a sweep on it w a pitch envelope ect but that’s just me being very very picky …it’s a brilliant track .. I’m listening to it again .. u should b on labes my man ..

Message 5/9             25-Jul-01  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

influx

thanks...

thing is..the vocal does move around. hehe..i guess it could move more, but you ARE listening in mono remember

Message 6/9             25-Jul-01  @  09:53 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

influx

oh, and just so you know, there is an atari laptop...its called a STacy

Message 7/9             31-Jul-01  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

Deano

If you are only interested in sequencing the Atari is by far the best bet. Rock solid timing and completely reliable. They seem to be a bit susceptible to mains interference. Mine used to crash a whenever the fridge turned on or off until I put in a mains filter. Now I can't remember the last time it crashed. It's so reliable we regularly do a four or five hour session without saving the file till the end. Stupid I know but you just get used to not needing to be constantly saving. I don't think you'd get away with that on a PC or a Mac! Plus you can pick them up for next to nothing. My advice would be - keep the lappy for word processing and get an Atari for sequencing.

Message 8/9             10-Aug-01  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

k

Link?: Link

well basement jaxx must have used a really bad crack then ,... heh heh - they are VERY robust - and have enuff grunt for up to quite large compositions..... if you do REALLY big compositions then get a 4mb upgrade fitted, or get a 'Mega-ST' (4mb ram standard), or a Falcon (4mb standard up to 14mb with 10mb upgrade) most Falcons in the Free-ad's have 14mb fitted.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/9             15-Aug-01  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Atari's worth getting...

Bleun8

A follow up on the forum of atari is that there are very few user groups, but there are loads of musicians using them. The Falcon atari offers digital audio -via optics and a 14mb ram memory for everything from sampling(midi) to harddisk recording audio. The midi is tightightight and it crashed on me about 10 times always when I was pushing it with everything from sync,audio,midi sample and writing at the same time. I got the hang of it and now it's polite. NT

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)