aaa Pitch change on imported audio!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             11-Aug-01  @  01:20 AM   -   Pitch change on imported audio!!!

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

For some bizzarre reason, Logic keeps changing the pitch of an audio file that I am trying to use in my track. I have created several loops using a bass-hit that I recorded to wav from my Synth (Roland JP8000). And whenever I try to import them to Logic they sound as if they have been pitch-shifted up an octave or so. When I play the loops outside of Logic they sound fine. I have created many other loops from my synth and other programs etc., which work absolutley fine. It is only happening to loops that contain this one sound. WHAT ON EARTH IS HAPPENING??? It is really starting to piss me off!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             11-Aug-01  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

k

Link?: Link

if they are pitchin up like that then you recorded them at say 44.1 and Logic is set to play at 48k thru asio or easi... have you checked that?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             12-Aug-01  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

Steve Roughley

Logic is set to play at 44.1 and I record all of my samples at the same rate. The thing is I have used tons of different samples in Logic and they have allways sounded fine. It is just three particular samples that all contain a certain synth hit, that are causing the problem. It is very, very odd.

Message 4/9             12-Aug-01  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

k

mebbe they are not 16 bit samples? - or they aint MS .wav ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             12-Aug-01  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

Steve Roughley

I have checked everything. I have even tried re-sampling the sound and re-recording the loops countless times, while triple checking the settings. It seems to be happening in Logic. It's almost as if Logic is responding to the tone of the sound in a funny way. I know that that is impossible but I am just trying to give you an idea of what is happening.
Thank you for your help it is really appreciated!

Message 6/9             12-Aug-01  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

steve

thats odd. You say you`re importing it into logic so I assume you`re recording into soundforge/wavelab or whatever - what happens if you record it directly into logic? Still the same?

Message 7/9             13-Aug-01  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

steve

I gave that a go. But the problem is still happening. I thought that would definitely solve the problem. I am getting very confused!

Message 8/9             14-Aug-01  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

k

when you say 'sample' what is it?.. a drum loop?... can you zip it up and attatch it to a forum post here then we can try it and see for real what's going on

Message 9/9             15-Aug-01  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: Pitch change on imported audio!!!

Steve Roughley

I have managed to sort it out! I have used Logics' EXS24 to sequence the loop and this sounds fine. I was foolishly using Fruity Loops to sequence the loop (I know, I know!) and this was causing the problem.
Thank you sooooo much for all your help!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)