aaa Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-Aug-01  @  12:28 AM   -   Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

josephwatkins99

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, I've just bought a Hoontech DSP24 value with MIDI bracket, and I can't get it to receive MIDI from my Evolution MK125 keyboard. The MK125 came with a cable for connecting to a joystick port (this worked on my previous SB Live), so I bought a 5 pin din cable for connecting to the Hoontech. I select the DSP24 midi port for input, but no joy (tried in Cubase, and Dance Station, which comes with the MK125).
Any ideas ?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Aug-01  @  05:23 PM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

k

Link?: Link

have you setup the applet which comes with Hoontech?... it is where you route the midi from the bracket to the card (well it is on other hoontech cards I don't use your model but it might be the issue)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             12-Aug-01  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

oh, but it might be the DIN cable isnt the right wiring - you realluy need a proper midi cable connector from the remote out socket Perhaps they make one?... if not you need to wire it yourself with a pull-apart DIN type socket uyou can wire yourself.

The outside pins dont get used, center pin is earth, 2 & 4 are the signal wires - see the picture -

perhaps the best bet is to buy a decent open-able' robust DIN plug from your accessory chop then cut off the joystick connector from the The MK125 cable and wire it to the Plug permenently!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             12-Aug-01  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

k

sorry - my text says 2 & 4, that is when counting accross from right to left - anyways the diagram shows it.

Message 5/9             13-Aug-01  @  10:27 AM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

josephwatkins99

Mmmm... this could be it. The cable I bought was a 5 way audio one. The keyboard has a power supply through one of its non-midi pins - maybe it's getting confused (I'm assuming it's wired normally for the three midi pins). I'll try the midi three pin only option, and let you know. Thanks a lot.

Message 6/9             13-Aug-01  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

josephwatkins99

Joy ! I bought a genuine 'midi' cable from Maplins, but still not working. So ripped it apart and found 5 wires connected, not 3. Re-wired with 3 only, and all works fine. So beware of midi cables that are not exactly, and cheapo midi keyboards with midi-joystick adaptors (still, velocity sensitive and only 50 squid from PC-World, I can't complain!)

Message 7/9             14-Aug-01  @  03:32 AM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

k

excellent! - happy bunny then! - so this pcworld retailed keyboard has no power supply? - I assume you have the optional DSP2496 VALUE bracket?

Message 8/9             14-Aug-01  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

josephwatkins99

Keyboard can be powered thru midi via joystick port, or 6 aa batteries, or dc. Here's a useful review:
http://www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/jul00/articles/evolution.htm
Card is DSP24 Value + bracket (midi & digital i/o)
Cheers

Message 9/9             14-Aug-01  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: Hoontech DSP24 value midi problem

k

oh right the evolution, yes they are ok for what they do.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)