aaa delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             12-Aug-01  @  04:09 AM   -   delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

l0ckx

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok, here is the deal....I have a dual boot win98 system. One boot for bullshit (internet, chat, "bullshit") and the other for audio. I I just got my delta 44 and hooked it up. my old sound card was connected to my sterio. I was planning on taking my old card out and connecting the Delta 44 to the sterio but i think i may have run into problems.

The Delta 44 doesn't have a connection for a CDROM, you konw, that little audio cable thingy. I need the audio from the CDROM when i'm using the non-audio boot.

Either boot, I need audio comming from one of the soundcards to my sterio. I wanted to take the old audio card out and just use the delta 44, which would solve the problem of having audio from either boot....but would make the problem of not having audio from my cdrom to the soundcard. I can't leave them both in there, because then i'd have to change the cable on the computer or the sterio each time.

Running two different cables from each soundcard to the sterio is out of the question as well. Becasue i already have a tape deck, record player, CD player, and aux is currently being used up for the computer....so using 2 channles on the reviever is just not physically possiable.....

What the hell should i do...heh

THanks, Peace, and Love,
Mike

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             12-Aug-01  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

k

Link?: Link

winamp has a CD_reader plugin, then there's no need for a cable, it reads the cd audio data from the IDE buss, but it might pause between track markers on continuous play cd's tho.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             12-Aug-01  @  09:35 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

l0ckx

is that the only way k?

peace,
mike

Message 4/9             13-Aug-01  @  02:35 AM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

l0ckx

also k,

what about burning CDs .... or coping CDs ?? will the "no audio cable thingy" effect the process of copying audio cds?

God damn the fuckign shit....heh

peace,
mike

Message 5/9             13-Aug-01  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

k

shouldnt cos thats all done on the buss too.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             13-Aug-01  @  06:27 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

moujik

Link?:  Link

The cd reader/winamp solution works almost 100% - as K mentioned, there are no problems with copied cds; in fact I dont think I've had problems with continuous cd's either.

The only problem I have had is with mixed media cd's - it only seems to recognise the data section.

Message 7/9             14-Aug-01  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

k

Have you tried to 'explore' that type of cd then click/play the audio tracks ?

Message 8/9             14-Aug-01  @  08:39 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

moujik

Link?:  Link

yeah - i forget exactly what happened; it was something worthless like a Future Music cover cd (boo!).

Anyway, I'll have a check, just for the sake of completeness.

Message 9/9             15-Aug-01  @  02:45 PM   -   RE: delta 44 problem w/ CD-ROM

Yonce N Mild

i tried the cd player plugin cd audio still plays out of my sound card while mp3s play out of my delta 44 wtf??? I havn't tried very hard yet other things to do it's not like I listen to cds all the time on my computer anyway.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)