aaa OK, give it to me! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-Jul-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: OK, give it to me!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             15-Jun-01  @  04:14 AM   -   OK, give it to me!

trodd

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

OK enough crap, I wanna know once and for all - VST, Logic or SONAR?????????!!!! I'm using Reaktor and SF so I need VSTi and DXi. I was inclined to go for SONAR but now I'm not so sure... Anybody??
Also: does anybody know where I can get a really pro-like VSTi synth??

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             15-Jun-01  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

trodd

Oh by the way, I'm looking for function not value, I don't care about price...

Message 3/9             16-Jun-01  @  04:03 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

damballah

Link?: Link

well, your first question will probably have 3 different answers because everyone seems to defend their own investments. all three are good competent products. all three probably have their frustrating aspects, too.

VSTi's: Go to Steinberg's web site, work your way to the VSTi section and check out the software emulations of a PPG Wave, a Minimoog and a Prophet. Although there's fun and functional VST instruments for free and cheap. You just gotta supply the programming.

Message 4/9             17-Jun-01  @  02:49 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

SLV

check out the TC Mercury, it sounds amazing and every parameter (loads) can be controlled by midi.

i never fail to find some amazing lead or bassline with this baby

Message 5/9             17-Jun-01  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

k

also remember Reaktor is already a VSTi, and V3 is now out which looks to be even more amazing - the PPG VSTi is ok for a few sounds, i find the editing facilities & parameters very weak, so it 'does what it does' and that's that within limits, it's good for pads & basses i find.

minimoog plug?... didn't know about that where's that then?... are you sure about that? - there's a Prophet 5 imitation which is actualy made by Native Instruments (makers of Battery & Reaktor), Steinberg are exclusive distributors for it at the moment - It gets you MORE poly thatn the 5 notes of the Prophet_5 hardware real version BUt reads actual Prophet_5 soundfiles so you can load the original Sequential library!! -

Then there's the Model-E synth which is not bad actualy... There's also lots of other indie makes such as Linplug

BUT remember Logic_5 is out in the autumn, and that whilst expensive, (and NOT a free upgrade like VST5 was not), it includes a positive barage of Logic Instruments... that'll be well worth waiting for cos when that is released the tables may turn somewhat as VST DOESN'T come with any decent included Instuments.

Also Logic_5 will have the Mackie co-designed control interface too with add-on 8 channel modules to expand... all in all it's looking pretty exciting!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/9             17-Jun-01  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

Moujik

Link?:  Link

Also bear in mind the FXPansion VSTi-DXi Convertor works really well...

http://www.fxpansion.com/

Message 7/9             18-Jun-01  @  05:05 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

damballah

they say the Model E is minimoog based. I'm actually having too much fun with the freeware, shareware and cool cheap softs to bother spending cash on any of the steinberg distributed stuff, etc. but he wants 'pro' stuff and he 'doesn't care what it costs'.

Message 8/9             19-Jun-01  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

Jasper

I agree, the shareware stuff is dangerous, on-the-edge, whereas the full price synths are just like everything we've heard for the last 20 years or so... again.

Message 9/9             27-Jun-01  @  08:44 AM   -   RE: OK, give it to me!

Brett B

Link?:  Link

K, the model D was the last and most popular mini-moog.I never knew that until recently, that there were in fact four diferant mini moogs. That is why the called it the model-E. I use the pro-52, ppg wave, mercury, rebirth, and now dynamo demo . I will be buying Reaktor. I am blown away by it's expressiveness and versatility. The Tassman that came in Sonar is amazing too and has one of the smoothest filters and vintage sound of any analog modeling software i have heard.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)